1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Tacoma REAR shock length, eyelet to top mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06RadiantRed, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Aug 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    06RadiantRed

06RadiantRed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    CA-Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road - RadRed!!
    ICON ext. Travel Coilovers, TC UCAs, Fox 2.0 FJ Rear Shox + 2"AAL rear
    I can not seem to find this anywhere. I would like to know how long on average your rear shocks are extended while the truck is on flat ground.

Right now my truck, no TSB spring with a 2" toytec AAL is exactly 22". The distance from hub center to fender bottom is 24.75".

I just ordered some Fox FJ rear shocks from DSM and want to make sure I didn't get anything that's too short, as currently I top out very easy with stock TRD shocks.

They suggested I go with the longer Bilsteins and I agree, but they are backorded by 6 weeks. I have read about the FJ fox swap and asked the guys about it on the phone, sounded like a good solution. But looking at the sizes online of the FJ shocks, I'm thinking they might also be too short? Unless they have an extended FJ shock, I don't have the part number because I order over the phone. Hope I get the confirmation email tomorrow so i can compare, but until then any info would be greatly appreciate. Or a link to some!

Thanks guys

Products Discussed in

To Top