1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lets petition Toyota for the dual VVTi in the 2012 Tacoma...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SAIRS, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    I think Toyota needs to hear our voices as consumers right now regarding everyones desire to have the updated Dual VVTi engine in the 2012 Tacoma. Word says that the new engine wont show up for two more years or so. As crazy volatile as gas prices and the economy has been over the past few years we could all use some more money in our pocket after every fill-up.

Here is what I propose. Im sure many of us have a Facebook account. Toyota has a page on facebook. Do a search for Toyota USA and write on the wall. I bet you have to "like" Toyota USA, but that should be a given for all of us. There is power in numbers. If you can spread the word and make comments, we will be doing what we can.

Fuel efficiency and even through in its easier on the environment and we may be able to get some hippies or something involved with the cause.

Bring on the VVTi IN THE 2012 TACOMA!

2. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:45 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The engines are probably already made

3. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
  4. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    Well, it cant hurt. It would only be a minor amount too.

5. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Pretty sure it takes longer than 8 weeks to change a fairly substantial component in a vehicle production , like , I don't know , the engine

6. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:

Im sure your right, but if your not into it, dont worry about it.

7. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Just stating facts , good luck

8. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    cause every little bit helps.

9. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    thanks man!

10. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:

I just wanted to give you something else to complain about. You could move on to something else on this site or you could dig in you heals like you do on every 2012 topic that comes up. Nobody's forcing you to do anything whipper.

11. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    But will it have ATRAC

12. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:

Petition, Petition, Petition....post it on FB

13. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Actually, I have an Acura. I've been in the market for a Tacoma, but have been holding off to pay off my credit cards and some other things. then things got interesting with the discussions about possible changes with the Taco and I have held off more. I've got some financial goals that will put me in a better position down the road if I hold off. I am thinking I will buy towards the beginning of January or so.

14. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Hey Whipper, I mentioned complaining because thats how I read things with you. I could be wrong, but you do push back everytime something comes up about changes to the 2012. I could be misinterpreting you, but thats how Im reading you. Its all good though :D

15. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    thanks bro!

16. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Screw Dual VVTi. I want the 3.0L diesel.

17. Aug 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Whippersnapper <3's 2012 threads.

18. Aug 23, 2011 at 11:26 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    It wouldn't be worth the money.

I wonder if this thread will turn out like the "lets petition toyota to fix our vibes or class action lawsuit crap thread"

:cookiemonster:

19. Aug 23, 2011 at 11:28 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    well ?

did you buy it ?

20. Aug 24, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    Just saying...the 2012 Camry is getting a Dual VVT-i 268 hp v6. Now you can buy a Camry and swap out the motor for the extra power... but I did post on facebook.

Products Discussed in

To Top