Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Fuel Mileage with 07 Tacoma (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/1759-fuel-mileage-07-tacoma.html)

Critter 06-11-2007 12:41 PM

Fuel Mileage with 07 Tacoma
 
What can I expect to get traveling interstates with an 07 Tacoma 4x4 Crew Cab auto tranny milegage wise. Last year ran an 06 Frontier King Cab 4x4 and best I got was 21-22 miles mostly around 20-21. What might I get after engine is broke in,also next Spring will be hauling a U Haul trailer down to NC to Storeage facility, for preretirement move! You Guys have driven the Tacoma much longer then me I just passed 500 miles. :D Feedback & info appreciated!

007Tacoma 06-11-2007 12:44 PM

My 2.7L gets better mileage with age. At 5 months old and 14,000 miles - I have increased my mileage by 4 MPG. Unfortunately that doesn't tell you much about the 4.0L V6 that you have, but I have heard of people with similar trucks getting 21-22 MPG on the highway.

Good luck.

TRDeity 06-11-2007 01:47 PM

Yup, you should expect about the same as your Frontier.

nd 06-11-2007 02:43 PM

I have been following my mileage religiously and drive about 70 mph on the interstate with cruise control and i get 20mpg. so far i have not gotten better than that

kngharley 06-11-2007 02:47 PM

The best I've gotten is 16 mpg on the highway and a whopping 14 mpg around town

dylokjai 06-11-2007 03:07 PM

i drove from San Fransisco to Los Angeles (roughly 380miles) at half way point on the highway my v6 4x4 Doublecab tank went to half, mine is 6spd and was going 80-90mph i could of made it back to los angeles with 1full tank but i didnt want to risk it sucking til the last drip of gas

Critter 06-12-2007 04:45 AM

Fuel Econmy
 
:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dylokjai (Post 13211)
i drove from San Fransisco to Los Angeles (roughly 380miles) at half way point on the highway my v6 4x4 Doublecab tank went to half, mine is 6spd and was going 80-90mph i could of made it back to los angeles with 1full tank but i didnt want to risk it sucking til the last drip of gas

Man if you do 90 here on East Coast they'll nail you for sure. Mine just went to 600 miles it isn't close to really broke in. I'll post what I get from time to time. Thanks!

Dust Devil 06-12-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007Tacoma (Post 13202)
My 2.7L gets better mileage with age. At 5 months old and 14,000 miles - I have increased my mileage by 4 MPG. Unfortunately that doesn't tell you much about the 4.0L V6 that you have, but I have heard of people with similar trucks getting 21-22 MPG on the highway.

Good luck.

I am at 4K and hoping my mileage gets better.

Critter 06-12-2007 11:21 AM

2.7 mileage won't help!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dust Devil (Post 13263)
I am at 4K and hoping my mileage gets better.


I have the 4.0 liter so 2.7 4 not really helpfull. In fact when I bought Frontier King last Spring I also looked the Tacoma pretty hard but in the King Tacoma if you wanted 4x4 it only came in manuel six speed auto not offered in king 4x4. Weird but thats Toyota for ya!:confused:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 AM.