1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift after effects

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BJohn, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Sep 17, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    BJohn

BJohn [OP] Member

Member:
    Since I now have my winch installed I am looking to lift the truck a 2011 DC txpro,But after reading what seems to be hundreds of posts about lifts I seem to have come to the conclusion that just about any lift of 1.5"and up brings problems such as vibs,shakes uneven tire wear and the dreaded diff bearing failure.Some of the posts claim even after adding new UCA,LCA, srings and any other items needed that there are still problems.Is this just the Nature of the Beast and you have live with these premature failures after this Mod? Thanks

2. Sep 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Most of the problems are hit/miss, usually starting at 3" and above. The main problem is vibes, but can turn into failures in certain situations. (Vibes come from off alignments from the wheels though, which is corrected by aftermarket UCAs.)

Tire wear is more about inflation rather than lift height though.

If you have some extra money then you can fix all of these problems, but theres many that just live with it. (Or get lucky and have no problems)

Like this guy
    <------------

3. Sep 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Anytime you change the driveline geometry you risk having issues but you can lift the truck and not introduce any vibrations. The tire wear issue (not related to tire pressure) is caused when you lift closer to 3". To get your alignment within spec, some people sacrifice camber in order to gain caster and that can cause tire wear. New UCA's can be used to avoid that issue if you push the 3" mark. I've got a small lift (about 1.5") and have not brought in any vibrations that cause me any concern.

4. Sep 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Ah. forgot about THAT "wear" issue. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top