Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   turn off tire light (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/181181-turn-off-tire-light.html)

mytoyo2 10-06-2011 05:30 PM

turn off tire light

:mad:sum ahole broke my valve stem off my truck at work the other day the garage wanted 200 bucks cause it was also a sensor pee on that rubber works fine any way to turn off the light?:confused:

JKD 10-06-2011 06:05 PM

Black electrical tape.

mgbulldog 10-06-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKD (Post 3831575)
Black electrical tape.

:rotfl:

Highland Logan 10-06-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytoyo2 (Post 3831362)
...sensor pee on that rubber works fine...

Sensor pee?

Frank

Blackshirts 10-06-2011 06:24 PM

Well you could go in and remove the LED.. But that takes work. Or use black elec tape

JKD 10-06-2011 09:21 PM

Depending on how badly the sensor is broken, I don't know whether this would work or not, but (others chime in here) could he have the old sensor attached to the wheel with a strap like some people do when they switch from steel to alloy wheels or vice versa?

Brunes 10-07-2011 05:27 AM

Get a strap kit, put the same sensor back into the same tire with a new regular valve stem.

mytoyo2 10-07-2011 06:23 PM

the shop threw it out i didnt wana go dumpster diveing so pee on it its just a light right?the sunsor was the metal piece just b4 the valve cap i assume i guess i could have used the 1 from the spare but i didnt wana leave my bby at the shop cant trust 2 many garages around here. I just hope i catch the sob that broke it off to start with

RainDodger 10-07-2011 08:28 PM

Everybody laughs at black electrical tape... but I'll tell you. I've got an FJ and a Tacoma and I switch 3 sets of wheels and tires between them. The black tape will blend with the background of the gauges and you won't even see it... and you won't see the light either. Works just fine.

OffroadToy 10-07-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytoyo2 (Post 3836668)
the shop threw it out i didnt wana go dumpster diveing so pee on it its just a light right?the sunsor was the metal piece just b4 the valve cap i assume i guess i could have used the 1 from the spare but i didnt wana leave my bby at the shop cant trust 2 many garages around here. I just hope i catch the sob that broke it off to start with

You answered your own question...pee on it!:thumbsup:

edit: Actually, the "sunsor" sits inside the wheel. If you took the one out of the spare and used it you'd still get a light on the dash...the system is set up to read all 5 sensors. If you got a replacement I believe you'd need to get it calibrated with the other 4.
http://www.inawise.com/liveimages/TPMS-Sensor-a.gif

saugus 10-07-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytoyo2 (Post 3836668)

Are you really this lazy^^^?

hitmans.army 10-08-2011 01:26 AM

Did you tell them to throw away the part? They know how much those things cost and unless it was replaced at the time and everything done, or you told them they could, they had no right to throw away a sensor for your vehicle. Even if broken.......

mytoyo2 10-08-2011 01:34 PM

yep they threw it out i didnt feel like getin into it with them been one of those weeks:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmans.army (Post 3837665)
Did you tell them to throw away the part? They know how much those things cost and unless it was replaced at the time and everything done, or you told them they could, they had no right to throw away a sensor for your vehicle. Even if broken.......

mytoyo2 10-08-2011 01:36 PM

lazy no just very bizzy im on call 24 7 at my main job when im not there im painting ppls vehicles or watchn all my kids
Quote:

Originally Posted by saugus (Post 3837427)
Are you really this lazy^^^?