1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do u make the fog lights work with brights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tiresize33, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Oct 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    Tiresize33

Tiresize33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    50 series flowmaster all way from the cat duals, afe intake, HID 6K, debaged, leer canopy, roof rack and spare, back up lights, clear protectint on front of truck, tinted windows, weather tech floor mats, amp steps, 6in procomp coil over, badass stereo
    I was told there was an easy way to wire it up but dont know how... I have 2011 toyota tacoma

2. Oct 16, 2011 at 3:57 AM
    SB11Tacoma

SB11Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    New York
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4 with JBL
    Lund Nerf Bars Tonnopro Tri Fold
  3. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:04 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

Click on cheap and free mods tab on home page
    then look for fog light anytime mod
    basically bend one of the poles on the relay then done

4. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:14 AM
    Hook & Ladder

Hook & Ladder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    16' TRD Tacoma
    The project @c4_fabrication-Sliders, HC bumper w/ swing out @kb_voodoo_fabrications-Bed rack @tepuitents-RTT @cali_raised_led-Fogs, ditch lights, bed stiffeners @prinsudesign-Roof rack @kingshocks-2.5 with adjuster @totalchaosfabrication-UCA @rcioffroad-diff skid plate Follow at @wicked_overland #nacrew
    I wired mine right to the parking lights and added a switch under the hood just in case i wanted them off.

5. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

You're talking bout aftermarket lights that you have put on right? Not the original factory lights with factory switch and relay?

6. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:30 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Piece of cake...a couple spade connectors (one male, one female) and you're done. This works with ignition on only.

[​IMG]

7. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Finding the how to is a simpler task than this mod.

8. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:51 AM
    Hook & Ladder

Hook & Ladder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    16' TRD Tacoma
    The project @c4_fabrication-Sliders, HC bumper w/ swing out @kb_voodoo_fabrications-Bed rack @tepuitents-RTT @cali_raised_led-Fogs, ditch lights, bed stiffeners @prinsudesign-Roof rack @kingshocks-2.5 with adjuster @totalchaosfabrication-UCA @rcioffroad-diff skid plate Follow at @wicked_overland #nacrew
    yes mine are aftermarkest but you can so the same thing with the stock ones justcut the power anf splice it with the parking lights power

9. Oct 16, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Yours is different from what I did. I did mine the same as the Cheap Mods thread suggested with a slight twist.
    [​IMG]

I kind of like what you did better though, since I had to find a TINY pin connecter to fit into the green wire slot.

10. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    Tiresize33

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    50 series flowmaster all way from the cat duals, afe intake, HID 6K, debaged, leer canopy, roof rack and spare, back up lights, clear protectint on front of truck, tinted windows, weather tech floor mats, amp steps, 6in procomp coil over, badass stereo
    Does anyone have a video, or is it just this picture all I need to do to get it to work.....

11. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    Tiresize33

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    And yes im talking bout 6000 hid lights for headlights and fog lights

12. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    I found it on here too. There's a long thread on here that showed both. I didn't like the idea of cutting anything. This just plugs in. They work with parking lights, and high and low headlights. Everything else works the same.

Products Discussed in

To Top