1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lemon Law

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rogerkamp8817, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    rogerkamp8817

rogerkamp8817 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota TRD Off-Road 4x4, AC, Superwhite
    I've had my AC blower fan replaced twice and its still making noises. Do you guys know if the Lemon Law applies to this my situation if I get it replaced a 3rd time?

Besides the blower motor, the truck runs decent. Dash squeeksand chassis rattles a bit during take off. I'm just annoyed at how often I've had to bring it into the shop for minor things like this, expecially considering that it has less than 25,000 miles on it and I'm the original owner who really babies my truck. The worst part is the wait when I bring it in for service... :mad:

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    all im going to say is that if that would qualify as a lemon law vehicle, all domestics would be lemons

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    this^ haha...my dad has had to replace his ecu 2 times in a few weeks and maybe the third but the symptons are different so idk...its a GMC btw haha

i believe that is a common problem though among a few others on tacomas

4. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    There is no such thing as a lemon law. If there was I would be driving a newer charger.

5. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    I have the same problem before 36000, now it just start today............. what the hell is going on TOYOTA?
    I believe this is not lemon... cover it.

6. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...You have to look at your states laws. Some determine it as a "lemon" due to days of lost use or repairs attempted...You have to find out if your case applies.

But you really wanna give up a truck that is fairly solid with a few minor gripes for an unknown??

7. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    rogerkamp8817

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I'm getting so frustrated with it.

Its in the shop right now to get the bottom oil pan gasket replaced because it was leaking oil. I like the truck but I don't think I'm ever going to buy another Toyota. The service I've been getting at the dealerships has also been very poor. I brought it into a different dealership this morning and it took them more than an hr to get me a rental car even though my appointment was all set. They knew I was coming in with symptoms they already verified from this weekend's visit.

I also read the threads about the headlights going bad / melting and now I'm hesitate to park my truck in direct sunlight. This is a joke.

8. Oct 17, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4
    Laws depend on state, some states it does not matter if the car is drive-able, just how many days you have been without the vehicle for so many days for the same issue in certain amount of time. Most are only for new cars within the first year.

Here is the law in CA. Seems to not state anything about being an issue that makes the car drive-able, but I did just skimmed over it.

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php

9. Oct 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    rogerkamp8817

Member:
    Vehicle:
    just got the truck back. they fixed the oil leak and the comments said the oil leak came from a seal due to "poor assembly. removed and resealed oil pan assembly no 2."

they weren't able to duplicate the fan noise this time it was in. this didn't really bother me because that's what i anticipated. at least this time the lady that logged me in was very polite and friendly. she told me she really wanted to get this resolved and wanted to keep the truck til tomorrow to try to replicate the noise again. i didn't want to take any more time away from work so i just asked for my car back. i'll bring it back when the fan is consistently noisy. this is DCH toyota scion in PCH. the last place i took it to, Hooman toyota, in Long Beach had me bring the car in 3-4 times. none of the techs there has heard of the AC blower fan issue and try to make me look like an idiot by saying they can't hear a thing as I sat in the car with them as the the fan squealed like crazy.

if this was a $15-$20k car, i probably wouldn't be so picky. but the fact that its 30k+, it is very frustrating.

10. Oct 30, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    jetchef

jetchef Member

Member:
    I have an 11 TRD Double cab. This will be my second blower. I waited 5 months for the first one to get fixed. They kept blowing me off till I called the Toyota rep. I can't believe its doing it again. Im pissed. This truck has been back for every TSB they put out and Im over it. I feel for you, it is an incredibly annoying sound.

Products Discussed in

To Top