1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Bull/Push Bar would you guys recommend?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ikickhippies, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    ikickhippies

ikickhippies [OP] Member

Member:
    Dahlonega, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5
    Truck: 06' PreRunner Quad Cab. Black. No real mods, it's a DD.

I have a 4 hr round trip drive to work 4 days a week and leave real early. Two deer this year can probably attest to it personally. I hit one in June and another 3 weeks ago.

The wife unit is asking what to get me for Christmas and I was thinking that a bull bar might be nice. I plan on upgrading trucks next year so I wasn't wanting to go too extravagant, something simple under $200.

I've looked at the Westin and Smitty Bilt, any other good options out there?

2. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    Thorpedo26

Thorpedo26 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon Thorpe
    Justin TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver 4 cylinder
    Blacked out badges, weathertechs, painted grill, cut tailpipe, removed mud flaps, black head lights, red calipers, tinted tails, front and rear bilsteins are here along with fatbobs spacer and aal awaiting install, also a set of 16 inch pro comps are here and 265/75/16 dynapros
    What is a bull bar going to do? Protect the middle area if lucky, go look at the avid light bar, strong, protective, hella cool looking, and fairly cheap with tw discount

3. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    No light bar or bull bar is going to protect the front end from a deer. It will probably lead to even more damage, as noted by mcqueen.

4. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    MrsPib

MrsPib Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTAS, TOYOTAS EVERYWHERE
    There have been pictures of wrecks recently, a couple including Bullbars, and while I understand deer and Dodge Rams are different, the Bullbars didn't seem to do a lick of good in the Dodge scenario. It may not do much good with deer either as the bar doesn't cover much and the deer could still bash into the fenders/headlamps or smack into the bar and hit your grill. And there's the unintentional frame damage aspect as well, which may happen if you ever accidently run into anything sturdy with your front end.

What are you upgrading to? Is it something that the bumper could transfer to? I can't think of very many Tacoma owners who wouldn't appreciate a solid front end if you decided to sell down the road.

5. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    Twistedfreedom

Twistedfreedom welcome to the incredibuild

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    Bullbars are garbage for protection against animal strikes. They flatten out and make a fine mess out of the front end of your truck, you're better off getting a plate or tube bumper that is designed to protect not hold some lights.

6. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    lol don't confuse the "bull bar" with arb's bull bar which is a completely different kind of bull bar that is an actual real bull bar because you could literally hit a bull with it and your truck would be ok.

ha that even confused me but seriously light bars and brush guards don't do anything but, magnify the damage from any accidents you may have.

if protection is a concern a plate steel bumper is what you want or an aluminum variant.

7. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    Bull bars are IMO a waste of money. If you insist on getting one then spend a little more and get an Avid light bar-they are not bad

Products Discussed in

To Top