1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting new rims, what king of lug nuts to get?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by veet skeet, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    veet skeet

veet skeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    14 4Runner Trail Edition MGM
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    I am getting ballistic jester off road rims for my car, and I have no clue what lug nuts to get and where to get them. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    Sunner

Sunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wheelersoffroad.com is where Im getting mine from as of now.

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    veet skeet

veet skeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    14 4Runner Trail Edition MGM
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    Would those black acorn nuts on that website fit with the ballistic jester wheels?

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    Sunner

Sunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    You got a picture of these wheels? Maybe contact whoever you are purchasing them from and ask if these nuts will work, but I'd imagine that lugnuts are pretty universal. I might be wrong though so hopefully someone else chimes in.

5. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Okay ... I have got to ask ... when I bought my aftermarkets the company included lug nuts ... so, my question is ... isn't that the normal way of doing things ... not to bust on anyone ... just a bit confused :confused:

6. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Steezyskis

Steezyskis I ski I work I'm rad

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Lake Tahoe (west shore)
    Vehicle:
    Black 05 DC 4x4 sport SB
    Tuff country front bumper, Walker Evans 2.5 coilovers, Allpro 3" rear leafs with 5100s and an Allpro U-bolt flip kit, K&N CAI, 16x8 Raceline raptor wheels wrapped with 285 Toyo ATs, Sockmonkey bed decals, Softtopper camper shell, half debadged with black painted tacoma emblems, B.A.M.F rock sliders, GT covers, BHLM, PIAA lights and more to come.
    Yeah me to. They asked if I wanted black or chrome. Thought they just came standard with new wheels. :notsure:

7. Jan 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    UH60Hwkdrvr

UH60Hwkdrvr Well-Known Member

Member:
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma Limited Nightshade 4x4
    RIMS do not need lug nuts, but WHEELSs do! If you're confused, look up the definition of both. ;)

Contact the seller and ask this question. If they can't provide the requested info, take your business elsewhere.

M.A.C.

8. Jan 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Pretty sure most steel wheels use the tapered acorn style lug nuts. Aluminum/ alloy wheels use the straight shank style (not sure what the nickname is).

9. Jan 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Not to get into racial vernaculars but "rims" :rasta: and "wheels" :) are interchangeable.

Products Discussed in

To Top