1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel alignment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MikesBT, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    MikesBT

MikesBT [OP] Member

Member:
    Spring Hill, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I got tired of my steering wheel being slightly off center so I fixed it today. My truck drives straight and does not pull, if your's does this not for you. You have other problems. :( Anyway, this is how I did it. With the truck in park and off, turn the steering wheel to make sure the steering is locked. If the tires move keep turning the steering until you hear a click and the tires no longer move. Now unlock the steering wheel as if you were going to adjust the tilt. Turn the wheel in the opposite direction that it was out of alignment. While still holding the steering wheel relock column. You will see that there is some slop in the steering column but when you relock it the wheel does not return to its original position. There is not a whole lot of play in the column but it was enough so my steering wheel is now perfectly straight. Hope this helps.

2. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Mine is straight but im filing away the info.

3. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    MikesBT

MikesBT [OP] Member

Member:
    Spring Hill, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I've seen a lot of people complaining about this. Some were going to leave it alone. Others were taking it to the dealer. It was very minor but driving me nuts. Now I can sleep at nite.:laughing:

Products Discussed in

To Top