1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stewartx, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    stewartx

stewartx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Has anyone discovered a method yet to adjust the brightness and/or contrast of the current backup camera display shown in the rear view mirror? Mine is a bit too bright and lacks sufficient contrast. The dealer said it's impossible, but he's been mistaken before.

-

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:47 AM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    Your 2012 may differ from my 06 XSP, but I have a "wheel" knob on my mirror that adjust camera brightness.

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    And where would this be located exactly? I don't remember that on my 2011...

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem

Me too. Its the button all the way on the right of my mirror, but I have NAV so the camera picture shows up on the NAV.

5. Feb 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Skycam3

Skycam3 Waiting to see...

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Flyzeye, Redline hood struts, Demello Sliders, Pelly wrap around light bar, Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover, 2 Hella 700FF, DIY LED light bar(10,000 lumes), LED bed lights.
    If you have the entune, adjustment is in the display menu under camera

6. Feb 5, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    mine is at the bottom of the mirror. Not noticeable at all unless your looking for it. In fact, I wasnt aware of its existance until after getting my truck detailed...like 6 months after I bought it. My screen was suddenly dark. I poked around the mirror and found the knob.

Again, yours may differ from my 06 xsp...

7. Feb 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    stewartx

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Not happening, guys. Looked carefully and could not find a wheel, knob, or anything similar on the mirror. At the same time, these settings (brightness and/or contrast) are not included in the menu options. It appears the dealer may have been right (not possible).

8. Feb 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    Skycam3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    Flyzeye, Redline hood struts, Demello Sliders, Pelly wrap around light bar, Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover, 2 Hella 700FF, DIY LED light bar(10,000 lumes), LED bed lights.
    If you have the Entune press the setup button on the far right, then on the touch screen press display, then camera and then you can adjust the contrast or the brightness.

photo(2).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    photo(5).jpg

9. Feb 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I can't seem to dim mine on my 11, but there is a button on the mirror that says "auto" and while the camera is on, you can push that button to turn it on or off.

10. Feb 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    fixer5000

fixer5000 the logical one

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2018 4runner limited in nautical blue
    that button is for the auto dimming mirror

11. Feb 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    stewartx

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Three Entune related comments? Guys, if I had Entune, I wouldn't be trying to adjust the backup display in the rear view mirror. Anyway, thanks for at least taking the time to respond.

The rear view mirror in the 2012 has a menu option to enable or disable the backup camera display, as well as adjusting the temp/compass (color, arrangement, etc) and similar. But, again, there's no setting to adjust the brightness or contrast of the backup camera display.

-

12. Feb 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Skycam3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:

13. Feb 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    Yellowshark

Yellowshark Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 V6 SR5
    kind of unrelated question: I just installed the pop and lock tailgate latch on my 2012 Tacoma, is there any way to align the camera? It is not a perfect fit and now the line of sight is skewed.
    Ed.

14. Feb 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    stewartx

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    LOL. Consider it a gentle poke in the ribs, not a slap on the back of the head. :boink: After all, it's very easy to overlook some detail when distracted by trying to remember how something works.

Truly wish I could help, but I have the electronic (remote keyless entry system) version of the Pop & Lock, which uses the existing tailgate handle instead of replacing that handle with another.

Products Discussed in

To Top