1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

short shift kit help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hondarida122, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Dec 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM
    hondarida122

hondarida122 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Falmouth,MA
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    I have the urd ss kit for my 08 tacoma 2.7L 4cyl. I got everything apart but cant figure out which way the oem oil plate goes. It looks like a thin black metal gasket. It's called an oil baffle plate.

2. Dec 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM
    P. Bauer

P. Bauer Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    TRD S/C :: Intake Camburg SwayAway Magnaflow American Racing Donahoe Racing Wheelers OffRoad
    picture?

It should only go on one way, if it's anything like the 6-speed 4.0L opening in the tunnel.

from URD website:

[​IMG] For the 2TR models:

Install went well, except the opening to access the transmission (thru the center console) made it impossibly tight to install the new longer allen screws (with the spacer plate in place). Slightly cutting/grinding around the engine side of the opening allowed them in.

The results are really amazing. VERY positive gear engagement and much shorter throws. Everything's very smooth.

Just remember to have your metal cutting/grinding tool of choice ready in case you require it.

Products Discussed in

To Top