1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yakima Q Towers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by justinitsuj, May 10, 2012.

1. May 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    justinitsuj

justinitsuj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mills illest
    Debadged//blacked out//6" fabtech//stubby//spintech//thule//wet okoles//weathertech floor mats//
    has anyone had problems or know of anyone that did have problems regarding the yakima Q tower roof racks flying off their car or truck? any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. May 10, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I've never heard of that happening. Just make sure you install things correctly.

3. May 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Never heard anything like this and I have been using Thule and Yakima racks for 20 years. I would imagine if there is failure it is operator error. Don't see how all four mounting points would have catastrophic failure.

Unless you are being literal... In that case, YES, I have seen one rack actually grow wings, but it took the car with it when it flew away!! :)

4. May 10, 2012 at 2:50 AM
    justinitsuj

justinitsuj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mills illest
    Debadged//blacked out//6" fabtech//stubby//spintech//thule//wet okoles//weathertech floor mats//
    hahahah! Thanks! Just trying to do research and been reading about peoples racks flying off with whatever they are carrying. Currently runnng yakima Q Towers and I've been seeing pics of peoples racks being mounted further back then the installation requires.

5. May 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    MothAndRust

MothAndRust New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad
    Mine slides all over. I had a yakima on my civic for years. The yakima seemed to work for 2 or three years and suddenly it slid around. Bought new pads, measured and reinstalled, and can't get it to work. Now I think, if I get it to work, will it start sliding when I've got a canoe on the highway going 70? I'm looking for something that locks down with screws or bolts. (Thule had a lousy rack for my civic years ago too.)

Products Discussed in

To Top