1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 bumper cover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ramrod84, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Aug 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    ramrod84

ramrod84 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Hello everyone. First off I want to give a big thanks to TW. I've used this site quite a bit over the last year of having my Tacoma. But looking for a little bit of advice on this.

I have a 2011 white Tacoma TRD Sport. A couple of weeks ago I came back from Walmart to find my front bumper had been hit in the parking lot. The damage is minimal but it's just bugging me. All you can see is a break in the paint near the left fog light and a small bend where the bumper cover meets the grill. It's honestly livable, but I decided to take it to Toyota collision to get an est. It was $800.77 total. 282.45 for the cover and the rest in labor. I'd rather not take out an insurance claim on this and was just wondering if this seem accurate to everyone. Also, If i could get my hands on the bumper cover and get it painted, is it doable to replace it myself? My knowledge of body work is poor but think i have enough friends that are good with it that we might be able to figure it out.

Anyway, just looking for options and advice. In the long run, I may end up just living with it since it's honestly not too bad. Thanks in advance for the advice!

~Chris

2. Aug 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Really steep.. You could buy mine for $100 + shipping though :)

3. Aug 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Also you could replace the front bumper cover in an hour or so, it's not that hard.

4. Aug 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    yup.... its simple. really simple.. need a flat head to pop out the clips and a screw driver to take a few screws off...

5. Aug 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
  6. Aug 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    Tommy27

Tommy27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Boise,ID
    Vehicle:
    White 09 AC 4x4 2.7 5spd SR5
    Leer shell, Bed mat, Grill Guard
    Definiently buy it online and then take it to a shop, for a GOOD paint job then put it on your truck your self. Or you could take it to a collision center and see they can repair it. Do the bumper removal labor yourself

7. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    ramrod84

ramrod84 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Long weekend! Thanks guys for the advice. I did swing by a local body shop and they believe they can repair/mold the cover back to normal and paint it for $200. Anyway, thanks again guys. Y'all have given me some great options.

Products Discussed in

To Top