1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Could somebody tell me what does mean VSV?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toniodiaz, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    toniodiaz

toniodiaz [OP] Crazy and lovely member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 TRD Sport Silver Double Cab and now 2013 SR5 TRD Sport Red Double Cab
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    Hey,
    I'm starting to read the instructions for my new TRD Supercharger, and just hit page 9 where they say something about VSV connectors, what does VSV mean? what is this for? and finally could my truck come without it?

Thanks,

KOTC ;) :mudding:

2. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    VSV stands for vacuum switching valve. It's part of the emissions system. Yes your truck has one possibly two, can't remember exactly.

3. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
  4. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    toniodiaz

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    So, it has to be present at my Taco. doesn't it? And what is the VCS? Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance.

5. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    NelsonTacoma

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I'm guessing you mean VSC? It refers to the traction control system. (vehicle stability contol).

6. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    toniodiaz

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    Certainly that's what i meant, so that has to do with the stability system and ABS, but not all Tacos come with it. I guess that mine is one of them.

7. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    NelsonTacoma

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Being an 06 I'm pretty confident you don't have VSC. Most likely you only have ABS. So no worries.

8. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    toniodiaz

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    Thank you, you were very helpful. Now I'll go ahead with my manual reading and hope everything goes right installing it. I'll try to have some pic's, see ya'

9. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    NelsonTacoma

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No problem. Good Luck with the SC install!!

Products Discussed in

To Top