Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Any 12' owners get brights flashed at them a lot? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/252489-any-12-owners-get-brights-flashed-them-lot.html)

btipsword 12-09-2012 09:29 AM

Any 12' owners get brights flashed at them a lot?

I have a 12' single cab, and every time I drive at night I get at least 3 to 4 people flash me their brights while I still have my dims on. I don't know if theres something about the stance of my truck? (billy's 1.75, 1" block with 265s) that makes it just unbearable or what, stock headlights. Just curious if any other 12' owners are getting this.

ETaco23 12-09-2012 09:33 AM

I do but I know its bc im lifted and have PIAA xtreme white bulbs.. I did adjust my lights down alittle bit. (to my liking) but I still get flashed. I just flash them back and blind the crap out of them..:)

JdevTac 12-09-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btipsword (Post 6106389)
I have a 12' single cab, and every time I drive at night I get at least 3 to 4 people flash me their brights while I still have my dims on. I don't know if theres something about the stance of my truck? (billy's 1.75, 1" block with 265s) that makes it just unbearable or what, stock headlights. Just curious if any other 12' owners are getting this.

Coming from driving an 04 Tacoma I noticed a huge difference in the lights on my 2013, better spread/output and a cleaner cut off line, so much so that I was betting someone might flash me thinking they were brights but no one has so far.

But since you have a slight lift, the angle of your lights may have increased just enough to make people think they are brights. You can always realign them to counter the lift.

TeamSarcasm 12-09-2012 09:38 AM

Check and make sure your driver side light is angled down. Its angled down for a reason. I have seen people angle it back up, which makes it look like your high beams are on, thus getting flashed, and not by titties either :(

Shaunsquatch 12-09-2012 09:39 AM

I have never been flashed in my 2012. I assume you didnt adjust your lights after your lift and are blinding the crap out of people.

TeamSarcasm 12-09-2012 09:41 AM

Also are you getting flashed by cars or trucks? If just by smaller cars I would probably just ignore it.

In my civic it looks like everyone has their brights on because the car sits at the headlight level of most stock trucks. By no fault of anyone, that's just the way its going to be.

It you're getting flashed by trucks maybe look into it a little bit more.

btipsword 12-09-2012 09:46 AM

No not typically by trucks. I think every time has been a car, I'm definately not re adjusting my headlights for my slight lift, I get way to much satisfaction in flashing my brights back when they think they're already on. Hope it makes them feel dumb. haha

TeamSarcasm 12-09-2012 09:48 AM

Then why even start a thread about it then? :notsure:

TacoDell 12-09-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btipsword (Post 6106446)
No not typically by trucks. I think every time has been a car, I'm definately not re adjusting my headlights for my slight lift, I get way to much satisfaction in flashing my brights back when they think they're already on. Hope it makes them feel dumb. haha

adjust your headlights and don't be a douche

or chance someone aggravated enough to harm you.

btipsword 12-09-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm (Post 6106451)
Then why even start a thread about it then? :notsure:

just wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems

rab89 12-09-2012 09:55 AM

yup, since new I've been flashed quite a bit, before the lift and after.

also my friend just got a 2013, and behind me his lights were pretty bright.

4x4Taco2012 12-09-2012 10:01 AM

I have a stock '12 and I get flashed quite a bit. I also have a stock '07 T4R and I get flashed in it quite a bit. I don't know if it's the angle of the Toyota lights or just drivers with sensitive eyes?:notsure:

worthywads 12-09-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Nobody feels dumb, they are being blinded even before you put on the high beams dumbass.

Adjust your light and stop being a dick.

btipsword 12-09-2012 10:06 AM

ever notice how everyone is a tough guy online?

worthywads 12-09-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btipsword (Post 6106510)
ever notice how everyone is a tough guy online?

And when they are driving a truck with poorly adjusted lights. :p

OffroadToy 12-09-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Would you feel the same way if you caused somone to run off the road and be injured or killed?

lj973gm 12-09-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

So what is the point in your thread. You lifted your truck more in the front than the rear thus raising your headlights and want to know why people flash their brights and you. They are the ones that are dumb when they flash at you yet you are the dummy for making this post and knowing why the problem exists.

Big tough guy in a raised truck syndrome and online. Thats you buddy.

OZ-T 12-09-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Douche

jrdbrn 12-09-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

I'm sure they don't feel dumb.

worthywads 12-09-2012 10:20 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HTTf1tSQJG.../Epic_Fail.jpg