1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone educate me on my suspension

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Compton, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Dec 31, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    Compton

Compton [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl DCLB
    3" OME, CMC, LR UCA, Billet Grille, Devil Horns, Fog Light Anytime, Shrockworks Front Bumper, Cruisin Offroad Rear Bumper w/ Swingout, Atomic Sliders, MV50 Onboard Air, Icom VHF, Tepui XL Ruggerdized RTT w/ Annex, Tepui Awning w/ Mosquito Net, BushGear Custom Roof And Canopy Rack, Extended Breathers, Dual Optimas w/ T-Max Isolator, Anderson Connector w/ '12 Jumper Cables, Dual 9" LED Spotlights, LED Underhood Lights
    so i recently bought my 'new to me" 07 sr5 taco a few months ago.. when installing my winter tires on stock rims i noticed it appears to sit a little higher than most other tacos. I have taken a few pics this evening to get a little more insight on this revtek lift or leveling kit with the hope of someone out there able to identify what it is
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dec 31, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    I don't see any images.

3. Dec 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You got a spacer kit. If you like it, don't do much off roading, and don't mind the rough ride, then keep it. Other than that, your truck looks good.

4. Dec 31, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    TwzteD

TwzteD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    St Lucie Fl
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 reg cab Auto
    2013 4x4 reg cab, 2011 4runner sr5 rims, 265 general grabber at2's, 5100's All 4 corners with fronts at .85, De badged, Egr Rainguards, Led tail lights, Int wipers, fog lights, Trailer Hitch, POwer locks+ keyless entry, Extang Solidfold Bed Cover, WeatherTech Mats, Stubbie Antenna, Trd Skid Plate, Tint, Scanguage, Cargo net in bed, Sound Ordnance B-8PT, FULID FILM Under Coat.
    It appears that you have a spacer lift and that is basicicaly the shittiest and cheapest way to lift the truck, all it does is compress the spring by putting the spacer on the top.

Edit: as he said ^ not good for offroad and stiffens the front up a bit.

5. Dec 31, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    MWall

MWall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    If you aren't planning on hitting the trails and maxing out your suspension, be happy and enjoy the little extra lift. I had a spacer kit on my '04 and besides the rougher ride, I enjoyed the added clearance and good looks. Truck looks good.

6. Dec 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    Compton

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    3" OME, CMC, LR UCA, Billet Grille, Devil Horns, Fog Light Anytime, Shrockworks Front Bumper, Cruisin Offroad Rear Bumper w/ Swingout, Atomic Sliders, MV50 Onboard Air, Icom VHF, Tepui XL Ruggerdized RTT w/ Annex, Tepui Awning w/ Mosquito Net, BushGear Custom Roof And Canopy Rack, Extended Breathers, Dual Optimas w/ T-Max Isolator, Anderson Connector w/ '12 Jumper Cables, Dual 9" LED Spotlights, LED Underhood Lights
    Compton is my last name :)

thank you very much, havent noticed a rough ride but never drove the truck before the spacer kit was installed. Could it be that he installed the spacer so he was able to throw 20 inch rims on?

Will be removing the spacer kit and installing a proper lift sometime in the near future

7. Dec 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Depending on your budget, and how enthusiastic you are about off roading, there are plenty of great lift packages out there that will increase the performance of you suspension.

8. Dec 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM
    MWall

MWall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    20" rims? I'm confused. You have stock 17" rims. Enjoy the 3" top spacer lift, it is just fine for a non-off-road vehicle.

9. Dec 31, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    1995 Taco
    Just a few little things. It's my DD
    I have a 3inch spacer lift and mine does just fine off road. I tare it up and I haven't had the first problem.

10. Jan 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    Compton

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    when i made my purchase, a set of 4 winter studded were included on the stock rims.

thats good to know

11. Jan 1, 2013 at 3:39 AM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    People's definition of offroad varies.

OP, if you push the vehicle hard offroad, you will snap the shock. This is because the spacer is forcing the shock to bottom out before the LCA hits the bumpstop. The shock will lose given a hard enough hit.

12. Jan 1, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    You need to weigh the advice around here. Its your truck and will take your money to fix it.

The 3" spacer being the destroyer of stock shocks is correct.

Products Discussed in

To Top