Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Adjusting bright headlight height (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/261573-adjusting-bright-headlight-height.html)

POWHANA 02-04-2013 08:45 AM

Adjusting bright headlight height
 
My 2012 has a six inch lift, when I hit the high beams they are a bit high in the distance. Is there a way to adjust them?

Thanks All...

Large 02-04-2013 08:49 AM

You need a skinny phillips or a small hand, there is a small wheel near the bottom of the lamp. Turn it to move the angle of the beams up or down.

Edit: Behind the head lamp, near the bottom so you would have to open your hood obviously.

POWHANA 02-04-2013 09:06 AM

SWEET! Thanks LARGE!

Warputer 02-04-2013 09:15 AM

And the adjustment is a major pain in the ass to get to....good luck.

dtopgun515 02-11-2013 04:36 AM

Anybody possibly able to take pictures of the adjustment? I lifted my truck and drove it for the first time at night this weekend and every other car I flashed their brights at me. I even had a dude on a golf cart flashing his lights at me! Not cool really I need to get this straight.

Pugga 02-11-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtopgun515 (Post 6420322)
Anybody possibly able to take pictures of the adjustment? I lifted my truck and drove it for the first time at night this weekend and every other car I flashed their brights at me. I even had a dude on a golf cart flashing his lights at me! Not cool really I need to get this straight.

It's the metal screw you see to the left and just below the headlight bulb. The one on the right is the one that adjusts the light side to side, the one on the left adjusts the horizontal. Use a long handled philips head screw driver and insert it from the top. You will see a channel that holds the shaft of the screw driver to make adjustment easier.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/SDC11555.JPG

dtopgun515 02-11-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugga (Post 6420418)
It's the metal screw you see to the left and just below the headlight bulb. The one on the right is the one that adjusts the light side to side, the one on the left adjusts the horizontal. Use a long handled philips head screw driver and insert it from the top. You will see a channel that holds the shaft of the screw driver to make adjustment easier.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/SDC11555.JPG

That looks like it would be hard to get to if its on the truck!

SnowmanFX 02-11-2013 02:24 PM

If you use a long phillips head screwdriver on the "GEAR" it is very easy. There is a plastic channel to help keep the screwdriver centered.

Pugga 02-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtopgun515 (Post 6422810)
That looks like it would be hard to get to if its on the truck!

VVV

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowmanFX (Post 6422839)
If you use a long phillips head screwdriver on the "GEAR" it is very easy. There is a plastic channel to help keep the screwdriver centered.

If you do it this way, it's actually very simple to make adjustments. I keep a long handled screw driver in my glove box just for this reason.

dtopgun515 02-11-2013 02:35 PM

I'll be adjusting tonight. Do you look at your brights when adjusting or your low beam?

Pugga 02-11-2013 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dtopgun515 (Post 6422902)
I'll be adjusting tonight. Do you look at your brights when adjusting or your low beam?

Low beams. I've attached the section from the FSM on how to adjust your lights properly.

dtopgun515 02-11-2013 05:17 PM

Thanks guys. Won't quit raining here so I guess ill be adjusting them another day. I printed that document off now I have to make since of what it says.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:54 PM.