1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pricing advice?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Karnite, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Feb 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Karnite

Karnite [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    To be purchased soon.
    So I'm looking to become a new member of the Tacoma world and I found one I really liked.

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 V6
    SR5 and Tow package
    5-speed auto w/OD
    54k miles
    1 owner and is Toyota Certified. Has had regular 5k mile oil changes (once appears to have been 8k though)

Now if you kbb that it throws out $22,300 with an excellent condition. Now the truck has obviously been used for a lot of fun, there are scratches in the paint all over. Paint is worn to the metal in the door frame where you step up. They replaced the front breaks before putting it up for sale. The engine looks, sounds, runs great. You can tell a bit lower down that someone had a lot of fun, no damage and still looks good though.

Any opinions on an actual value for a car like this? I can give more details if needed. I want it for 20k, they said no way will it get there. Should I stick to my guns and move on if I must or is it just not going to happen at that price?

Thanks for any advice you guys have. I've done a lot of research but I'm still very new to this world.:confused:

2. Feb 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Peterson3

Peterson3 Active Member

Member:
    upland California
    Vehicle:
    12 dc shortbed baja edition
    Is it at the dealer? The certified ones at dealer that I've seen show almost no defects, such as worn paint...if it's not at the dealer, then how is it certified? Sounds like low miles, but that's a lot of wear for those miles...I wouldn't consider that excellent condition, I would think good condition is a better rating...

3. Feb 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Karnite

Karnite [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    To be purchased soon.
    Exactly. kbb doesn't let you change the condition if it's certified. And yes it is at a dealer. I was very surprised at the scratches and paint wear. Personally I don't mind them, I just feel they should effect the price. No clue how much it should effect it though.

I didn't find any dents at all. One long curved scratch in the paint on the drivers door looked like someone sloppily tried to fill it in with some of that jarred touch up paint at some point.

4. Feb 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    Peterson3

Peterson3 Active Member

Member:
    upland California
    Vehicle:
    12 dc shortbed baja edition
    I would call some other dealers, see if they have something u like better, if there r any ...its probably a fair price, the good thing is u get a good warranty sine its certified, if u dont mind the scratches, it seems like a fair deal..

5. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:12 AM
    scottw1

scottw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Tacoma 4x4
    Lighted 4wd dial, Sirus XM radio
    That is what I paid for my 2010. 51K, SR5, 4x4, auto.
    I wouldn't go over 20 if you like the vehicle. You can easily talk them down 2K just for the paint and scratches.

6. Feb 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    Mpgillespie

Mpgillespie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    13 PreDCSB Stormtroopen Taco
    Try the NADA pricing guide, as most dealers I have dealt with say they use it over kbb. Good luck.

7. Feb 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    Karnite

Karnite [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    To be purchased soon.
    Thanks everyone for your advice. Seeing the car again I realized the paint damage was not nearly as extensive as I remembered it. There are some spots I need to get checked out in the coming months though.

I did purchase the truck XD. So happy with it so far, drives amazing.

Did pay a little more than I was hoping. Probably could have saved 1-2k if I'd had time to wait out the dealer or for another to pop up close enough. But I didn't and I am happy with the final price.

Again, thanks all. You were very helpful!

car pic 1.jpg
    car pic 2.jpg
    car pic 3.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top