1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What size of Rims and wheels? help much appreciated

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Abdel, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Feb 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    Abdel

Abdel [OP] Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 4x4
    HID lights
    hi guys im new to the TW, i am interested in changing the OEM rims and tires from factory.

im looking to buy Rockstar http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/XD_Wheels/XD775RockStar_Black.jpg or Moto Metals http://www.todoautos.com.pe/attachments/f91/412508d1292530251-aros-moto-metal-moto_metal_951b.jpg.
    my question is what size is best for the truck without a lift? i live in a small city in Mexico, so there is no close big cities where they have the technology or equipment to test rims and tires, closes city will be San Antonio TX, about 4 hr drive. so i would like to know what im looking for before i take the drive.
    i dont know anyone around here with Tacomas that have mod their trucks

i would appreciate it as well if you recomend some nice mudterrain tires as well and sizes that match the rim so it doesnt rub when you turn.
    also what do i need to check for once changed, price range per both installation, tips or suggestions are welcome

help is much appreciated for a rookie here.

2. Feb 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    1mrwatermaker

1mrwatermaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires,chrome bull bar,chrome nerfbars, foglight mod, led interior lights,5% tent all around, factory HU, AUX mod kicker6x9 front, kicker 6.5 rear, power acoustik tweets F&B, eclipse EQ, kicker 4 ch amp, 600D directed amp, 2 8" Kicker DVC Comp subs, ultraguage, LED cupholder lights, LED bed lights
    may not help but check out my build for my sizes. I rub very little at hard lock with NO lift, had to do alittle trimming to some plastic but am now only rubbing on a interfender screw on passenger side nothing major... but am planning on getting a small lift in near future

3. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    Abdel

Abdel [OP] Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 4x4
    HID lights
    hey man thanks for the info, i looked at your mod, like what u did with it, im not a big fan of sound systems, but looks like u spent a good time installing and wiring everything. how did you mod your interior lights? what kind of bubls did u use, where to get them?

and regarding the tires. if you choose to make a 3" lift in the fron it will stop the rubbing right? with that size u have correct?

4. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    Abdel

Abdel [OP] Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 4x4
    HID lights
    here is a few pics of my Truck, and the mods its got so far...
    sunroof, leather seats with "tacoma" logo on them, rearview camera and screen on the main mirror, HID Lights and fog lights, then added the side step bars, although im not convinced on that one, since its pretty high, but if i lower it it then rubs whenever u are going offroading.
    added the go rhino bull bar, havent had a chance to connect the lighting and change the bulbs to a LED bulb, so all lights in the front look similar.

IMG_0927.jpg
    Tacoma_012.jpg
    Tacoma_025.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg

5. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    Abdel

Abdel [OP] Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 4x4
    HID lights
    things to do list:
    Satoshi grill, bumper grill and hood scoop,
    nice rockstar or motometal rims
    nice mud terrain tires,
    bed led lighting
    interior led lighting
    stereo change to a touchscreen
    dashboard led color change

i was thinking of a snorkel, but really no need for it over where i live, so i guess it wil be just for looks.

6. Feb 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    Frissen

Frissen Well-Known Member

Member:
    is laredo close? There is a ton of truck stuff there

7. Feb 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    1mrwatermaker

1mrwatermaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires,chrome bull bar,chrome nerfbars, foglight mod, led interior lights,5% tent all around, factory HU, AUX mod kicker6x9 front, kicker 6.5 rear, power acoustik tweets F&B, eclipse EQ, kicker 4 ch amp, 600D directed amp, 2 8" Kicker DVC Comp subs, ultraguage, LED cupholder lights, LED bed lights
    try something like this for your dome lighting
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Car-48-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7ad9a6a6&vxp=mtr

and this for the maps
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-W9-WHIT...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec68aa898

its what i have in mine

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Feb 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    Abdel

Abdel [OP] Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 4x4
    HID lights
    Laredo is close, but with all the drug cartels, driving to Laredo is pretty much suicide mission or handing them the keys to your nice Tacoma, very dangerous highway...

thanks for the led swap link! appreciate it, i can do that this weekend!

Products Discussed in

To Top