Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Carnage Report - Got hit this morning. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/271252-carnage-report-got-hit-morning.html)

Coreyjon 04-02-2013 09:05 AM

Carnage Report - Got hit this morning.

3 Attachment(s)
Well, narrowly adverted a head on when she came sliding over the hill and into my lane - initial reaction took me right to hopefully clear me of her trajectory but wasn't enough, took the full front down the port side shattering my suspension. :( I just got it back after someone rear ended me at a red light - why, why can't people drive, I'm loosing faith in the quality of people in this country :eek: Driving is easy, we used to be good at the hard things, now we have aging infrastructure, and nobody capable of deciding how to fix it. #WayOfTheROMANS.

So-

Body armor?

Suspension upgrades?

I had wheeler 1.5" 3 leaf progressive add-a-leafs and bilstein 5100s - should I go with OME Dakars? those are 2.5 " right? So I have the billy 5100 coilovers up front what should I do there to match? I'm thinking weld on rock sliders, maybe some bullet proof bumpers to match. (I'm thinking...structural I-Beam strength)

Rear suspension = shattered. waiting to hear damage estimates (what do you guys think.) Other person completely at fault.

Rough Morning - glad no body was hurt, my poor truck has been through a lot in the past month, You try so hard to keep something in perfect shape - 2008 with 57k and then all of this :(

Sheet Metal can be repaired - We have the technology, (faster, stronger...)

-Corey

-Sorry for the mini-rant I know most of us do a good job of paying attention and altering our driving depending on road conditions, but It seems I keep interacting with wastes of space.

saundern 04-02-2013 09:07 AM

glad you're ok!
are they going to total it and write you a check?

Manwithoutaplan 04-02-2013 09:08 AM

:eek: :S. ^ same here.

Large 04-02-2013 09:10 AM

I don't think I would be worried about any modifications if it gets totaled. Glad you're ok bud.

Cruzs2013SR5 04-02-2013 09:11 AM

OUCH! Also glad your ok. Hope your truck isnt totaled.

Coreyjon 04-02-2013 09:16 AM

Won't know for a few days if it's totaled or fixable - I think it could be on the line either way. It was 6k of damage when I was rear ended so I can only imagine what this is gonna be.

Beavis0076 04-02-2013 10:15 AM

I wouldnt be suprised if your frame is tweaked... that was a lot of pressure on it on one side. my thought is its totaled.

AWorthyOpponent 04-02-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beavis0076 (Post 6682080)
I wouldnt be suprised if your frame is tweaked... that was a lot of pressure on it on one side. my thought is its totaled.

This ^^

Maybeif it was new, theyd drop the cash to fix, but being an 08, they MAY total it...espicially if the frame is tweaked...at least I'd want them to...

majorhavok 04-02-2013 10:48 AM

Nice job avoiding the head-on! Glad you are ok, and hopefully it totalled honestly. Truck will never be right again imo.. New > massively repaired

aj hank 04-02-2013 10:54 AM

ouch! glad to hear you're ok. other people are the worst part of driving. i got my taco because i was sitting at a red light when some old lady smashed into me. hit me into the car in front of me and that car into the car in front of it. after a quick stop in the ER, i'm glad my ride was totaled. a lot of the times, repaired vehicles just aren't the same, ******(edited) Content removed ********

VirginiaBound 04-02-2013 10:57 AM

I would push your hardest for a total! You don't want tire wearing problems a few years from now due to a bent frame.

That bitch is finished.

On An Island 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

Regardless of the damage to the truck, glad you came out of it okay.

Simon's Mom 04-02-2013 11:29 AM

Glad you are ok!!
Looks like black ice....we had it here in VT this a.m. lots of accidents.
I hope it works out and am sorry that happened to you. :(

ImpulseRed008 04-02-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj hank (Post 6682255)
ouch! glad to hear you're ok. other people are the worst part of driving. i got my taco because i was sitting at a red light when some old lady smashed into me. hit me into the car in front of me and that car into the car in front of it. after a quick stop in the ER, i'm glad my ride was totaled. a lot of the times, repaired vehicles just aren't the same, so you might want to sneak by the junk yard to take a few taps to the frame with a sledge. i ended up with a nice check for a CRV i bought off of my step mom for next to nothing and found an 09 with 30k on it.

:smack:

OP glad you are ok. :( poor truck.

MadMan 04-02-2013 11:48 AM

Glad you are ok.
You don't want that truck fixed, trust me.

I had accident similar to yours in F-150 with 500 miles on it and his insurance wanted to fix it (over $25K in damage), but I told them unless they write me a check for $20K on top of repairs, I want a new truck. (I figured when I went to sell it later, no one would want it with that much damage)

After three weeks of bullshit, I had brand new truck.

Tomasp21 04-02-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan (Post 6682555)
You don't want that truck fixed, trust me.
After three weeks of bullshit, I had brand new truck.

^This! Happy to hear you're ok! If it is totalled, you could always upgrade to a 2013!!:D

drewskie 04-02-2013 12:29 PM

Looks scary as hell. Could have been a lot worse.

I agree with everyone else, there is no way in hell I would want that truck back. That thing's toast.

moondeath 04-02-2013 12:31 PM

It's good your ok. If it were me, I would hope it was totaled. That's a lot of driveline, suspension, and frame damage. It would probably always have problems after this. Hope it all works out for you!

cgs2k2 04-02-2013 12:35 PM

glad you're alright. that looks bad... must be done for. driveline and suspension both look completely fucked

KenpachiZaraki 04-02-2013 12:36 PM

No, dont get it fixed. Buy it back, then sell it for parts. Plenty of people needing taco parts. I'm sure you can make missy if not more money back parting it out.