1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing rear cab panel on DC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Deanno33, May 3, 2013.

1. May 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    Deanno33

Deanno33 [OP] Member

Member:
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DC TRD
    Can someone point me to someplace to get quick description on removing rear panel? I searched and there are lots of threads on door panel remival but can't find rear panel. Dynamated (GMAT) and added closed cell foam to all doors last night...what a difference that makes. Want to finish up rear today. Thanks
    Deanno

2. May 3, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
  3. May 3, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    Deanno33

Deanno33 [OP] Member

Member:
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks. There was a bit of info there. It seems one has to remove rear seats which I was hoping wasn't the case.

4. May 3, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    In order to get that plastic out, you will need to remove the seat backs for sure, and likely the seat bottom too. It's just a couple of bolts anyways.

5. May 3, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    Deanno33

Deanno33 [OP] Member

Member:
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks. Just looked and you are right doesn't look too difficult to remove seat back. Seat bottom folds up so shouldn't have to worry there. Anyone know which back panel needs to be removed first...drivers or passenger side? Guessing drivers by bolt configuration.

6. May 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    The larger 60% side overlaps the smaller side. I believe it is the passenger side first.

7. May 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    nat

nat Well-Known Member

Member:
    South San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC SB Tacoma
    Bestop, MP3 Aux Input
    I took mine out without having to remove the seat back. It was fast and easy.

Products Discussed in

To Top