1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Making an offer, what do you think?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thatdood, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Feb 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    thatdood

thatdood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 DblCab SR5 minus mud flaps
    I am very close to purchasing a tacoma. I'm thinking of some different options on what I can afford. I am looking at a black 09 double cab SR5 with aluminum wheels. The TMV on it shows $23,100. I've got some extra cash from selling my car and my tax return and thought I would offer them $21,000 cash + ttl.

Anyone think they will take this?

Or should I finance?

2. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    If its cash then then you might have a really good chance.... especially in this economy

3. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Their are quite a few things that need to be looked at. The economy for one. Having 21,000 cash right now might be good to put away. I don't know you and your situation right now..job,finances,bills,credit score,etc....Do you need a vehicle right now? Is financing for you a better long term thing? Its a tough call. It comes down to you and how you feel. You are going to get all kinds of answers here. Do what you feel would benefit you. Good Luck. :)

4. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    ^^ Well said

5. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I believe they are still offering 0% APR/36 month financing. I tool this option on my truck because I am earning interest on that money in the meantime. Money markets and CDs are low right now...but even 2.5% interest is better than nothing. It is at least something to consider. YMMV.

6. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    thatdood

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice. I just sold my car so yes I need a vehicle. I got married over a year ago so we are looking to have kids within the next couple of years, so that is why I was thinking to just purchase a vehicle in cash. Also, when I mean cash, I still have my savings that I am not touching at all. With interest rates on CDs and savings accounts though, it seems like it wouldn't be making me "that much" money (around 2% in a CD) vs. having a 6% vehicle loan.

If this is the case, 0% apr/36 month, then that seems like it may be a better option. My thinking was they quoted me $24,675 for the truck, but if I went to pay with cash, I could possibly get it for $21,000. Is that reasonable, or do you think they would just laugh at me?

Thanks for all the replies

7. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I am not sure where you are located, but on Toyota's website they at listing 0%/36mo until March 2nd...at least for the South East region.

Offer them $21k - the most they can do is say no, right?

8. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    Actually, I believe Toyota has cash back on Tacomas right now, as high as $1500.--may be better for your situation then 0% apr. Also, I would do the deal on-line. Send them your offer and get everything in writing. Make sure they don't apply the rebate to come up with the price...
    Thanks for all the replies

9. Feb 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    I don't know what happened^

Actually, I believe Toyota has cash back on Tacomas right now, as high as $1500.--may be better for your situation then 0% apr. Also, I would do the deal on-line. Send them your offer and get everything in writing. Make sure they don't apply the rebate to come up with the price...

10. Feb 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    thatdood

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I went to the dealer today and they are at $24767, but they said that includes the $1000 rebate. I've still got to weigh my options.

Products Discussed in

To Top