Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Bolt on slidder... (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/278603-bolt-slidder.html)

Got2ryde 05-20-2013 05:16 AM

Bolt on slidder...
 
... Pics. I'm looking for any good bolt slidder pics. Or help in general. I just got my BAMF bolt ons for my 12 AC and when I mocked one up it seems to line up with holes but the washers that came with it aren't going to be big enough for said holes. A fender washer would work but that seems odd to me. Pics would help immensely. I searched to no avail. Thanks!

Got2ryde 05-20-2013 11:04 AM

Hello? Is this thing on?

Beavis0076 05-20-2013 11:09 AM

you need to drill holes.. it wont match up to factory holes.

Gearheadesw 05-20-2013 12:08 PM

gotta drill
 
2 Attachment(s)
I'v got 4Xinnovtion sliders, bolt on model. Only like 3 or 4 hole line up, the rest you have to drill, no big deal. Sharp drill bits are what you need.

aubi1414 05-20-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearheadesw (Post 6914623)
I'v got 4Xinnovtion sliders, bolt on model. Only like 3 or 4 hole line up, the rest you have to drill, no big deal. Sharp drill bits are what you need.

can you post some pics looking down on these from the front view. Also, one that shows how far they stick out from the side of the truck. I am looking into buying these and love the look of those.

Gearheadesw 05-20-2013 02:02 PM

4XInnovations
 
3 Attachment(s)
Got these from Adam at 4xinnovations, great product, great guy to work with. The sliders could hold up a building,... truck, no problems. Hope thos helps.

Got2ryde 05-20-2013 05:30 PM

I guess I was under the impression that you only had to drill a couple holes. Did you guys treat the holes you drilled with anything in particular to prevent rusting?

RearViewMirror 05-20-2013 05:45 PM

I am really getting SICK of you guys making me want to buy more shit for my truck!!! You guys suck!!!:D

P9HST2 05-20-2013 07:02 PM

Those sliders shown here look almost like my Famous Fab ones on the outside, but my frame connecting parts are completely different and 100% bolt-on. FF sliders not available anymore though, I got the last set or close to it.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps9e7e455a.jpg

Got2ryde 05-20-2013 07:05 PM

I guess I should clarify guys. I'm looking for pics at the attachment points to see how you mounted in better detail. Thanks.

PMK 05-20-2013 07:58 PM

I have a set of BAMF DCLB sliders. Bought them here used.

FWIW, all the holes in the vertical portion of the mounts aligned well with oem frame holes.

My sliders came with square plate washers and round typical grade 8 washers. It seems the square plate washers go against the frame and the round washers go against the slider bracket.

My sliders also had a pair of long plate style with welded on nuts for the forward mounts.

The BAMF DCLB sliders were originally designed for 4wd applications. My truck is a 2wd prerunner. One of the brackets, while it aligns with the frame holes, 2 holes per side have rivets in them and a bolt on the lower surface. These fasteners required me to slightly trim the lower flange of the slider. I have not yet removed the rivets and installed bolts but plan to.

I called BAMF about this and Jerry Lee stated that the riveted crossmember for the frame is in a different location 2wd vs 4wd DCLB's.

Regardless though, you will need to drill the slider bracket lower mount holes along the frame rails lower flange.

If you still need photos, I'll take some in a couple days when I get home.

These are, in my opinion pretty stealth and not noticed unless near the truck, but should prove to be very robust.

PK

Want to add, I corrosion proofed all the small parts by glass beading and applying OSPHO, then Rustoleum krinkle painted. The sliders themselves had been LineX'd by the original owner. When the sliders were installed, I coated the fasteners with Mastinox.

Ahshiet 05-20-2013 08:06 PM

Anyone have pics of mounting bamf sliders? Will be doing my soon when I get them

Beavis0076 05-20-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Turner (Post 6916220)
I am really getting SICK of you guys making me want to buy more shit for my truck!!! You guys suck!!!:D

U don't have sliders:confused::eek: every body has sliders... U wanna be cool don't u?

RearViewMirror 05-20-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beavis0076 (Post 6917665)
U wanna be cool don't u?

I do want to be cool!!! I need sliders! Especially on a PreRunner lol.

I have decided that I am the definition of a "Poser";)

sly 05-20-2013 10:39 PM

What exactly is a slidder? Do you mean slider? Or maybe you want to go sledding?

Got2ryde 05-21-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 6917886)
What exactly is a slidder? Do you mean slider? Or maybe you want to go sledding?

^^^This is all the help I needed^^^. This thread can be closed now.:rolleyes:

Got2ryde 05-21-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMK (Post 6916945)
I have a set of BAMF DCLB sliders. Bought them here used.

FWIW, all the holes in the vertical portion of the mounts aligned well with oem frame holes.

My sliders came with square plate washers and round typical grade 8 washers. It seems the square plate washers go against the frame and the round washers go against the slider bracket.

My sliders also had a pair of long plate style with welded on nuts for the forward mounts.

The BAMF DCLB sliders were originally designed for 4wd applications. My truck is a 2wd prerunner. One of the brackets, while it aligns with the frame holes, 2 holes per side have rivets in them and a bolt on the lower surface. These fasteners required me to slightly trim the lower flange of the slider. I have not yet removed the rivets and installed bolts but plan to.

I called BAMF about this and Jerry Lee stated that the riveted crossmember for the frame is in a different location 2wd vs 4wd DCLB's.

Regardless though, you will need to drill the slider bracket lower mount holes along the frame rails lower flange.

If you still need photos, I'll take some in a couple days when I get home.

These are, in my opinion pretty stealth and not noticed unless near the truck, but should prove to be very robust.

PK

Want to add, I corrosion proofed all the small parts by glass beading and applying OSPHO, then Rustoleum krinkle painted. The sliders themselves had been LineX'd by the original owner. When the sliders were installed, I coated the fasteners with Mastinox.

Thanks this is what I was looking for. I found out today I didn't get the square backer plates. I have the long piece with the nuts welded on for the front mount in the boxed portion of the frame. If it's not too much trouble I would like to see some detailed pics. I do better if I can see it.

BBtacosurfer 05-21-2013 07:35 PM

I want to be cool too! I don't have sliders either. I'm going weld-on though, not bolt on.

ChiveOn 05-21-2013 09:28 PM

OP, this thread is awesome, I'm shopping for sliders right now.

ckeeton 05-21-2013 09:30 PM

I have avid sliders and they lined up perfectly with the factory slots. i did not have to drill at all.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41 PM.