1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

15,000 mile re-torque of propeller shaft

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by the_tick, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Feb 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    the_tick

the_tick [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Can anyone tell me if the 15,000 mile recommendation of re-tourqueing the propeller shaft is an easy task. I want to save some money, take care of my truck and feel good that it is taken care of. So, how do I do it myself and where exactly is the propeller shaft located?

The TICK

2. Feb 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    The propeller shaft is another name for the driveshaft. If you have 4 wheel drive you will have a front and rear driveshaft. 2 wheel drive only has a rear.

3. Feb 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    harshest

harshest I am the Sofa King

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light On, Hidden Garage Door Opener, Scanguage II, Weathertech Liners, Cig lighter always on, Door buzzer removed from dash- Upcoming: 5100s for front and rear, set fronts to 2.5" and Toytec AALs.
    Torque Specifications - Look for you application, just search the page for "propeller"

4. Feb 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    It is very easy IF: you have the correct torque specs (ie 2ft lbs or whatever) and you have a decent torque wrench. Other than that, set the torque wrench and find the bolts to torque, easypeezy.

Oh, and the driveline (propeller shaft) is the tube going to and perpendicular to the axle.

Products Discussed in

To Top