Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   Craigslist find question.... (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/286717-craigslist-find-question.html)

justPLANElane 07-16-2013 08:45 PM

Craigslist find question....

I don't know much about lifts at all. Found this on craigslist...can someone tell me if all this sounds legit. They are asking 1325.00 for all of this. Good Deal???

thanks for your input :-)

I have been steadily putting together a lift kit for my Toyota Tacoma, but finances have hit and I would like to sell. All parts are BRAND NEW. Nothing has ever been used.

Old Man Emu is a division or ARB, which is an Australian company dedicated to off-road performance. The philosophy of OME is to make functional lift kits that will not damage or harm your vehicle. They simply provide quality parts to improve vehicle handling both on and off-road.

The Tacoma comes with what is known as a "rake" stance from the factory, which means that the front of the truck is lower than the rear. This lift should lift the front of the truck approximately 2.5" and the rear approximately 1.5". This kit will both lift and level your truck. Some people will see more than 2.5" lift in the front, and most people will refer to this as a 3" lift for that reason. This lift is designed for the 2005-2013 Access Cab and Double Cab models. Due to weight difference, the Access Cab model should see a slightly higher amount of lift. This will also allow the use of wider and taller tires.

OME 885x Springs
OME 90000 Front Shocks
OME 60091 Rear Shocks
Toytec Add-A-Leaf
U-bolt flip kit - cost me a little extra, but eliminates the part that can snag or catch on debris/rocks when off-road
3* Axle shims - greatly reduce or eliminate vibration that is commonly associated with lifting the Tacoma
sway bar relocate bracket - moves the sway bar so that it will not contact the heavier springs
Trim Packer - corrects "taco lean," or sagging, that is caused by the battery and fuel tank being on the driver side.
LightRacing UCA - allows adjustment to correct alignment after lifting.
New front strut mounts - allows you to pre-assemble the coilover for easy swap. also does not reuse worn parts.

If ordered individually, these parts would cost over $1425. That does not include shipping, which would cost somewhere around $70. That's a total of over $1500!!!

Save a little money on the cost of the parts, and don't pay tax or shipping. This is everything you need to lift your Tacoma right.

Not all parts are pictured. Some have not yet been removed from the shipping box.

Monster Coma 07-16-2013 08:51 PM

No that isnt a good deal

justPLANElane 07-16-2013 08:52 PM

Does it sound like everything is there? What would be a good deal do you think? What amount would you pay?

thanks for the reply

Monster Coma 07-16-2013 08:54 PM

For $1500 you can get all that with Dakars instead of an aal, well pretty close to 1500.

ToyTec Lifts 07-19-2013 10:25 AM

You can get that set-up at Toytec Lifts for less then $900 asembled.