1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best rock sliders for 2013 DCLB???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacomapratt, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Tacomapratt

Tacomapratt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White DCLB 4.0 4x4
    Truck build sheet 3" lift system billistin shocks/struts Top plate spacers Rear add a leaf 1/4" top plate spacer for taco lean Spydertrax 1 1/4 wheel spacers Bushing replacement bearing in diff Body armor step bars Tinted windows Tail light covers 3rd brake light blacked out Brass knuckles shifter Tacoma devil horns emblem Diamond plate tool box Kobalt Pioneer avh 2600bt head unit Rockford Fosgate 500w amp Rockford Fosgate 10" subs P1 Rockford Fosgate 6x9 front doors Rockford Fosgate 6.5 rear doors Alpine tweets 3" front doors Box for 10" behind rear seats Ultra scan gauge system K&N air filter Wether tech floor matts front/rear Rain guards in-channel front/rear Back sliding glass rain guard Roof Rack system 40" Phillips led light bar on roof rack 30" led light bar in lower bumper 4" Cree led ditch light on hood 7" Cree led light bar placement? Led inter lights 17x9 Dick Cepek 2 wheels 285/70/17 Fiearce Altitude tires
    I just got money to spend on my new 2013 DCLB and I'm looking for info on the best rock sliders made and if you have pics please show them. I want the ones that really work to support the weight of the truck on rocks without giving or bending and not the ones just for show, all info is welcome and needed. Thanks

2. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    andrew8404

andrew8404 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ANDREW
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 (Sold) 19 Ford Ranger Sport XLT 4x4
    BAMF enough said

3. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    Truck build sheet 3" lift system billistin shocks/struts Top plate spacers Rear add a leaf 1/4" top plate spacer for taco lean Spydertrax 1 1/4 wheel spacers Bushing replacement bearing in diff Body armor step bars Tinted windows Tail light covers 3rd brake light blacked out Brass knuckles shifter Tacoma devil horns emblem Diamond plate tool box Kobalt Pioneer avh 2600bt head unit Rockford Fosgate 500w amp Rockford Fosgate 10" subs P1 Rockford Fosgate 6x9 front doors Rockford Fosgate 6.5 rear doors Alpine tweets 3" front doors Box for 10" behind rear seats Ultra scan gauge system K&N air filter Wether tech floor matts front/rear Rain guards in-channel front/rear Back sliding glass rain guard Roof Rack system 40" Phillips led light bar on roof rack 30" led light bar in lower bumper 4" Cree led ditch light on hood 7" Cree led light bar placement? Led inter lights 17x9 Dick Cepek 2 wheels 285/70/17 Fiearce Altitude tires
    I was looking at them and really like the way they look, but I can't deside between the kickout or the kickup styles

4. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:

excuse me????

5. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)

Hoo boy here we go! :stirthepot:

6. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    So why you say long beds can't off road? Mine seems to do just fine offroad. Is close to a hole foot diff between short n long beds

7. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    I've taken my DCLB up black diamond runs, don't fuckin tell me they can't off-road:mad:

8. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Hey Tacomapratt, I'm getting a set of BAMF's welded on this saturday, I will be posting pics for sure

9. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD-OR
    285/75/17 on SCS 6's. ADS front & rear w/ adjusters. Relentless front bumper & roof rack. BAMF sliders

I second that. DCLB can do just about anything a short bed can, all it takes is more knowledge of how to do the trails/obstacles ;)

10. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    I agree mine goes anywhere I need n want it to.

But I'm not here to find out why shot beds are better. I'm looking for the best rockslides n help on this would be great. If I could get info and pics if you have.

11. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD-OR
    285/75/17 on SCS 6's. ADS front & rear w/ adjusters. Relentless front bumper & roof rack. BAMF sliders
    But to answer your question, BAMF all the way. I just ordered my sliders with the kick up. Most guys have the kick out, but having the DC I wanted the kick up to protect the area from the rear door to the rear wheel.
    With Jerry's you can get weld on or bolt on. All personal preference. I am getting weld on but that's just me.
    As soon as I get them on (in a few weeks) I'll post pictures up here for you. But bottom line is Jerry makes one hell of a product. Haven't heard one complaint about them yet.

12. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    That would be great posting pics when you get them welded on, I would like to see them. That is the kind I have been looking to get. What kind did you get kickup or kickout? N how long did it take after you ordered them to get?

13. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    I will be able to jack the whole side of the truck up with these, they are that strong, I'm getting the DCLB's with fill plates and kickouts, the primo ones, welded on by the fabricator at BAMF, i have helped him in his shop and i can tell you these things are very stout, none of us yet have seen a set anymore than scratched on even the knarliest trails crawling. Check out the pics in this link if you don't believe me: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ba...ion/180798-b-m-f-rock-sliders-all-trucks.html

14. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD-OR
    I got the kick up. So they will look like Bulhas's. Here is the link for his.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...hite-north-ongoing-very-indecisive-build.html (Scroll about 2/3 down the page and you will find them.)

Also here is another link that might help you.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ba...ion/180798-b-m-f-rock-sliders-all-trucks.html

I ordered mine in May? I think? And they are just getting finished up. But he has also had 120+ products to build since then so it typically doesn't take long at all.

15. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    Wonder if they could do a kickup added to the kickouts, if so what they may look like. I think that would look good and protect well.

16. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD-OR
    Yeah I asked jerry about that. He said either it wasn't possible or he wouldn't want to do it just because it would be kind of odd.If you look at the distance that the kick outs come from the truck it is a good amount. I think adding that kick up to it might make it look a little funky? But you never know. But hey ask him yourself. I don't wanna speak for him. His name on here is JLee. He's an awesome guy to work with.

17. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    That's a good like cuz that is the same as my truck so it really helps me on what it would look like. Thanks

18. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    Tacomapratt

Member:
    Huntington W.V.
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info, I will get in contact with and talk about it. How long does it take to make n get out to customer?

19. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    IDK at the moment, you'll have to ask them

20. Aug 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta