1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

line lock?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HOSS454, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mar 14, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    HOSS454

HOSS454 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pukalani
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport
    Bolt ons here and there
    Hi all,

Has anyone put a line lock on their taco? If so, how was the install? I have a 2008 sport 4x4 auto v6. I believe there is ABS and would like some info, if any, that you guys have. I donʻt really see any threads or write ups on here. I am thinking about putting in a summit racing brand line lock. Thank you

2. Mar 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I can't help you from experience- but the summit racing instructions state that the line locks are NOT recommended for vehicles with ABS but can be made to work in racing applications. The install looks pretty straight forward if you have the right tools or a good mech.

Only kinda related-I'm curious as to why you want line locks??

3. Mar 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM
    SuperD

SuperD Mall Cruiser Pilot

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    ProComp 6" Stage II, 18x9 Moto Metal 955's, Cooper Discoverer STT 305/60R18, K&N FIPK, Go-Rhino Stainless side steps, Redline Elite hood struts, Magnaflow muffler, Delta Alum. Toolbox, Husky Liners F/R, Window tint
    ^^^Ditto

4. Mar 14, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    TRD4x4858

TRD4x4858 Taco Traitor!

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    95 Jeep XJ
    BONE STOCK! lol
    Yeah they dont work well with the abs cars, trips the system out, if you can disable the abs you can make it work

5. Mar 14, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Interesting. Still curious tho...ABS adds weight as I understand it. Drag racing + excess weight = not a good combo.

OP-Trying to keep a daily driver that you can use on the track??

6. Mar 14, 2009 at 11:10 PM
    HOSS454

HOSS454 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pukalani
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport
    Bolt ons here and there
    i race at my local track... and why not have a daily driver and a "race car." i donʻt care about being slow, i just would like to smoke the tires without foot braking it. thanks for the replies.

7. Mar 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Cool...Good luck finding something that'll work!!

8. Jun 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    I have an '04 4x4 which has a locker on it. I did the gray wire mod and It makes one heck of a difference of the line (i forgot to engage it once and just spun the tires for a while) If I heat up the tires first I can drop the clutch at 4k rpm and the truck goes with the rear locker on. I too wanted to install a line lock because I had to lightly hold the brakes to properlly spin the tires and now my back brakes won't shut up!

Products Discussed in

To Top