1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Seat Belt Chime and Light and ...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Massy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Jun 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    Massy

Massy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    I've read the how to for turning off the seat belt chime and light however I still can't seem to make it work.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
    2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
    3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
    If I wait until "everything light up" and hold for 12 seconds nothing happens. When I release after 12 seconds or more the display cycles to Trip A.
    However, if I press and hold the trip at the same time as I turn the ignition to "ON" there are five "-----" which count down until there are none then it displays "000000".
    4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.
    I can't get the display to show XXXXXX.

Hopefully I'm just missing something minor, cause I hate that chime. Can anyone with a 2009 clarify the procedure for me?

And while I have some attention, can anyone briefly explain to me why turning the LSD off is a good idea? I don't know much about the limited slip differential except that it gives more power to the back wheel that has traction, and less to the wheel that is spinning free. So turning the LSD off will give 50-50? Does turning the LSD off have any impact when my back wheels are stuck in the mud/sand? Does turning off the LSD allow me to burn out and drift like a pro?

It's probably pretty obvious I don't know what I'm talking about, so anyone want to enlighten me?

2. Jun 2, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    Massy

Massy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    bump

3. Jun 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    itzdaREV

itzdaREV Well-Known Member

Member:
    hTx
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner
    TruXedo LoPro QT bedcover, Mini-Morimoto retrofits, Satoshi grill w/ Andres Model T Emblem
    dont let go of the trip knob. fasten your seat belt while still holding it. i couldn't get it to work either, then i realized i was supposed to let it go after i fasten the seat belt

Products Discussed in

To Top