1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mean employees

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dbatt, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:38 PM
    dbatt

dbatt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD 2wheel drive double cab
    nerf bars, window vents, bug guard.
    So I've had my Tacoma for 6 months love it . Radiant red TRD 4 door. Anyway I'm a supervisor where I work and of course sometimes you piss people off but I never expected them to take it out on my brand new 6 month old truck. They keyed it on the driver's side both doors the scratch on back door is 6 inches the other is about a foot and a half on the drivers door basically down to the metal. What sucks is I know who did it but can't prove it and all they will do at my work is file a report. I'm taking it to the body shop on Monday to see what the damage($$) will be. I will now will drive my 1977 Ford truck to work so nothing more can happen to my baby 'cuz if it happens again I may not be able to wait for KARAMA to handle it. Anyway I was really mad at first and did want to beat some heads now I am presently sad about the whole thing. I know it's just a truck but I love my truck and this just sucks. Anyway I know I can get it fixed but will be afraid to drive it back to work. I know the two peolple who did it will get theirs eventually but god how mean. Anyway thanks for allowing me to vent. Happy Holidays.

2. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Damn that sucks. I don't have nearly the patience you have. :laser:

Good luck with the repair and let us know how it turns out.

3. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:47 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Wow that sucks dbatt! Karma just isn't fast enough most of the time. ;) Good luck getting it fixed. Happy Holidays back at ya...

4. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:51 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    That does suck. Sorry to hear that. There's a similar thing happening at my workplace. I havn't been keyed yet, but if it happens and I know who did it, there will be no Karma and no reports. Someone WILL swallow their teeth.:mad:

5. Dec 16, 2007 at 7:52 PM
    Nitro_rc

Nitro_rc Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab TRD Sport 4X4
    WOW..that sucks. I too manage 7 other people at my work. When I'm not riding my Ninja, I drive my Taco and always park it where I can keep an eye on it. Hope your company re-emburst you for the repair, try talking to your HR dept. and see what they say.

6. Dec 16, 2007 at 8:30 PM
    sandie

sandie Well-Known Member

Member:
    long beach, ca
    Vehicle:
    06 x-runner baby!
    wow, that does suck...what the heck did you do to piss this person off?

7. Dec 17, 2007 at 1:46 AM
    vivafire

vivafire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Galveston,Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6
    Add N-Fab side steps-debaged,cat-back exhaust from MagnaFlow and a Stage 2 intake system from AFE
    I feel for you man.Hell I want to beat someone up when rocks fly and hit my truck on the highway.

8. Dec 17, 2007 at 1:59 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'd return the favor with a four nails under each tire. When they back up, pop, all four tires gone at once.

What a bad day indeed. Pay for tow, pay for tires, balance, stems, labor. :eek:

9. Dec 17, 2007 at 7:32 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Does your employer have cameras scanning the parking lot?

10. Dec 17, 2007 at 8:18 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    That totally sucks--I know cuz I've been there. Same thing happened to my 2000 taco (my first baby). I'm a teacher, and I know it was a student due to timing, etc. but also couldn't prove it. He/she did it twice, two separate occasions. Besides, its not "just a truck", it IS your baby and beyond that it's a personal attack as well and that hurts alot. People suck sometimes. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do beyond fixing it and having fantasies of revenge (unless real revenge is a possibility *evil grin*). Probably a good idea, as you said, to drive your Ford instead.

11. Dec 17, 2007 at 8:29 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Ouch, the thought even hurts a dude in the frozen North. You did the right thing. No vendetta or revenge is the best approach since you did not witness the event. Their turn will come.

12. Dec 17, 2007 at 8:33 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    Sorry to hear about that. It does offer the perfect opportunity for me to ask about something i've been pondering for a while. Does anyone know of a security system that uses cameras placed in the cab? I've wanted to install camera(s) on my vehicle since a similar incident a few years back but haven't figured out the logistics. I was thinking that there should be some type of motion sensitive spy cam available that would record to a flash drive or something. Hidden is preferred and you should be able to disabled it when you are in the vehicle (but not automatically in the case of theft). Just wondering if anyone else has this particular occasional paranoia as well?

13. Dec 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Sorry to hear about that. Personally i have no problem with "vigilante justice" as long as you're positive you know who did it. the nail in the tire was a good idea.

chillechopper: you're looking at ALOT of money and work. probably not worth the effort.

14. Dec 17, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    Yeh. I know it's not worth the money on the cost vs. potential cost recovery analysis but on the cost of system vs. getting to (with zero doubt of guilt) enact revenge, i.e. deliver Karma in a bag analysis, it pays for itself in one use. Besides, it's cheaper than going to a therapist to discuss pent-up rage issues:D

In all seriousness, I'm just wondering about the availability of technology. I know it exists but have yet to find it easily accessable. There are plenty of potential uses for a system like that.

15. Dec 17, 2007 at 11:12 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I would just let it go. You run the risk of that a-hole coming back and going overboard. Before you know it, your brake lines will be cut. If the turd had no problem keying your car, I have no doubt that he will take it further. Reasoning with those people is near impossible.

16. Dec 17, 2007 at 1:48 PM
    dbatt

dbatt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD 2wheel drive double cab
    nerf bars, window vents, bug guard.
    Thanks everybody for you response. I will let Karama take care of it all. I did go by the body shop and it'll be in the shop for repairs after Xmas. My insurance is covering it and it's little or no money out of my pocket. When I see the two who did it which I will I'm going to kill them with kindness give them something to think about wonder why she's so nice to us. Anyway happy holidays to all.

17. Dec 17, 2007 at 1:56 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Yeah, bake a cake with an overdose of xlax just for them and lock down the washroom or remove all the toilet paper rolls. :eek: Happy holidays!

18. Dec 17, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    I'm really sorry this happened.These two are cowards and it will come back to them.If that happened to me I'd be hurt and angry too.Stay strong and do what you feel is right.

19. Dec 17, 2007 at 3:25 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    You certainly are a kinder person than I am, I kind of take the John Wayne approach and "wup dat ass" making sure I would end that war right then and there. Ho Ho Ho :fenforcer:

20. Dec 17, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Many moons ago, this girl I was dating had a psycho of an ex-boyfriend who just happened to be a rent-a-cop for campus security, and wouldn't you know it. Damned if every time I was there visiting her overnight if I didn't wind up with a bogus campus parking ticket.

Well after a few months of this, and reports to his supervisor with nothing being done, I took karma into my own hands. I removed all four valve cores from his truck as well as all the campus police cars. Taped three of them to the windshield of each car with a note that read "Do you know what these are, where they go, and where you can go get one more?"

Wouldn't you know that after that the parking tickets stopped. :)

Karma is too slow. I am older and wiser now, but if someone keyed my truck I think I'd still have to exact my "pound of flesh."

dbatt, you are a bigger person than I am, and I honor you for it.

Happy holidays to you as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top