1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

airbag deployment w/ cheap seat covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by emacpgh, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Aug 27, 2009 at 8:25 AM
    emacpgh

emacpgh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    silver streak mica sr5 sport
    Aries stainless steel bull bar , afe pro dry s filter , secondary air filter removal, scangauge II
    does anyone know if there would be an airbag deployment issue when using cheap seatcovers without a breakaway section. i get very greasy at work, i change my cloths and wash arms and face but grease still finds a way to the covers, hence i am reluctant to buy the oem $? or wet oks 235$ .still dont want to risk my life. does grease clean up from the wet ok easily?

2. Aug 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I wouldn't take any chances.....

Get seat covers that are compatible to your seat covers. Bite the bullet and pay for them.

Or....simply use a large t-shirt or towel and put it over top the seat. Cut the sides of the t-shirt where the airbag is.

I don't have side airbags, but I can totally relate to the 'grease' thing. I've had seat covers in my truck for 2 years and I've probably washed them about 4 times (they get nasty).

3. Aug 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    emacpgh

emacpgh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    silver streak mica sr5 sport
    Aries stainless steel bull bar , afe pro dry s filter , secondary air filter removal, scangauge II
    do you have oem, wet okle, or something else? can you machine wash? does scotch guard work with grease? sorry lots of questions, first new truck, never bothered with these precautions before and all my seats ended up looking like hell. its not easy being beautiful!! lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top