1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gatlinburg Trip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by CornDog, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Jan 19, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    CornDog

CornDog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2007 SpeedWay Blue Double Cab Tacoma
    12000 lb Milemarker Winch Warn Trans4mer Grille Guard Gear Motorsports Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit w Ipod Interface, 2 Diamond D3 10's in custom box, UWS black tool box. N-fab stepbars, 15% tint, bug deflector,ventvisors, K&N Series 77 Cold air Intake, Hi lift jack mounted, 4D-LED maglite mounted, Lund Grill Screen
  2. Jan 19, 2008 at 10:48 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    Not sure if you know but those are some super tiny pictures.

Glad you enjoyed the snow. Did you hit the ski slopes? I've actually hiked the Chimney tops trail. Did it in winter with crampons on to keep from slipping on the ice. Haven't been in the Smokies since 1998 though. After seeing about 52 total NPs Smoky Mtn. NP is still one of my top 5.

3. Jan 20, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    coreyredken

coreyredken Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Georgia, Mount Airy
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Westin Stainless Steel Oval Side Bars!
    I love Gatlinburg... We got there about two times a year... Its about 2.5 hours away and a great weekend trip... Want to to go in April and see Dollywood..

4. Jan 20, 2008 at 11:30 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Fixed the links.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jan 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    CornDog

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    12000 lb Milemarker Winch Warn Trans4mer Grille Guard Gear Motorsports Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit w Ipod Interface, 2 Diamond D3 10's in custom box, UWS black tool box. N-fab stepbars, 15% tint, bug deflector,ventvisors, K&N Series 77 Cold air Intake, Hi lift jack mounted, 4D-LED maglite mounted, Lund Grill Screen
    thanx tiger. i appreciate it.
    and joe i wish i had some of things. my gf stayed on her butt the whole time. i fell a half a dozen. it wouldnt have been all that bad but there was bout 2 inches of snow that was frozen from the previous rain. it was SOLID ice all the way to the pinnacle of the tops. i myself didnt get to the very top of the pinnacle because it was snowin so bad. i got some great shots tho, i cant wait to get back in the spring. the only bad part of the trip was when we got back to the trailhead we found out the road crew had shut the road down and we had to leave b4 getting to Clingmans dome.:(

6. Jan 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    That sucks they closed the roads before you could get up to Clingmans. When we went in 96 I was busting my butt every 5 feet so that's when I decided to buy the crampons, really makes the Smokies in winter A LOT more enjoyable. I really should get back but its much harder now that I'm in Cali.

7. Jan 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    CornDog

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    yeah joe its about 3.5 hrs away from me. youd have a good ride if front of ya.lol

8. Jan 21, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I'm thinkin it'll be awhile. But just maybe this crappy real estate market will rebound enough for me to get out of here sooner than I think.

9. Jan 21, 2008 at 11:34 PM
    Krp2nite

Krp2nite Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did you ride the tail of the dragon while down there? Not very far from Gattlingburg. We spent a week on the motorcycle there this past summer. Great place to vacation. Loved the Gattlinburg and Pigon Forge eateries and the smokey mountains during the day. If you haven't been there check out the http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

233 hairpin curves in 11 miles would be fun in any vehicle even without a motorcycle.

10. Jan 22, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    CornDog

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    dude didnt even know it existed. i deff, hit that nex time im up there. thx for the tip.

Products Discussed in

To Top