1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Center of hub/axle to fender (Measurements)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by iDRiVaTRD, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    iDRiVaTRD

iDRiVaTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    I've searched but cant find the specific info for what I'm looking for.

I want to determine my truck's lift height

I never measured my stock center of hub to fender to use as a reference point to compare differences. And since I have larger tires I cannot use the measurements that everyone posts from the ground to fender.

So I am asking those with stock suspension still or maybe those that took measurements prior to their suspension lift to post what all 4 distances are.

Driver Side Front ____"
    Pass. Side Front ____"
    Driver Side Rear ____"
    Pass. Side Rear ____"

I have a little rake from my new Dakar Leafs so after I flex them a little, I would like to raise the front to make it close to level. Just not sure what lift I am currently at up front. in this pic the ground is higher on the right so I actually have a bit more rake than the picture shows.
    IMG_2451_9f123926a99ec1d68f3f20319d5b36c611678b41.jpg

The CV's look like I could raise the front a little more and not do any more harm.
    IMG_2456_fba252477e08dba34f925fa6870fb8ddaf59255d.jpg

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 5:17 AM
    pokeng

pokeng Married With Children

Member:
    North of Austin/West of Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    Found it...

Driver Side Front 34.25"
    Pass. Side Front 34.5"
    Driver Side Rear 36"
    Pass. Side Rear 36.5"

Bone stock DC TRD OR 4x4 SB full gas tank, no accessories in rear.

3. Oct 21, 2009 at 12:28 PM
    iDRiVaTRD

iDRiVaTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    Thanks to Pokeng I figured out my lifts heights.

Driver Side Front 2.25"
    Pass. Side Front 2.5"
    Driver Side Rear 3"
    Pass. Side Rear 3.25"

My actual center of hub to fender measurements were

Driver Side Front 22"
    Pass. Side Front 22.5"
    Driver Side Rear 24.5"
    Pass. Side Rear 25.25"

As you can see I have quite a bit of Taco lean but when I am accelerating, I can actually feel the truck transfer its weight and level itself out. The Driver side front lifts up a little and the Passenger side rear lowers a little. Call me crazy, but I can feel it every time I drive the truck. Also been told by my dad who has driven behind me and he says the truck goes down the road perfectly level side to side. :confused:

4. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    ilovetacos

ilovetacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Sacramento/Woodland
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4 DC
    Sold!
    I measured mine today(front only). Exactly 23" from center hub to top of fender on both sides.

My lift consists of Bilsteins 5100's set to ZERO and 885 coils with a top plate spacer.

I have been thinking about removing the top plate spacer and adjusting my Bilsteins to .85" with the 885 coil. Will it give me any more lift?

Also I am curious to what stock measures at. Anyone have measurements for a stock 05+ Tacoma?

5. Oct 14, 2021 at 3:18 PM
    Acesolo1!

Acesolo1! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    benjamin
    Vehicle:
    2020 tacoma dbl cab 4x4 v6 sr
    n/a
    What is stock measurments??? I have a sr with 4600 bilstein aftermarket.the struts are longer then the Hitachi ones that came on it ..i believe right now the front is a little over 21 and the rear a little.over 22?? No tape measure I used a digital caliper and my finger multiple times I have heard some people say 21 hub to fender is max for lifted applications?? I know it sounds crazy maybe I misunderstood it they were talking about preload on the fox 2.5 shocks and dude was upset he didnt get the lift he tbought he would ..he only got 1.5 lift and accutune told.him hed get 2.5 but he was already maxed out on the threads showing a d the overall hub to fender...maybe someone can clear that up for me...is there a top hub to fender measurment to not go above on the tacoma?

Products Discussed in

To Top