Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   TSB for T/O Bearing Issue: (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/58278-tsb-t-o-bearing-issue.html)

roxspin72 10-27-2009 05:02 PM

TSB for T/O Bearing Issue:

Attention all, there is a current TSB for the 2nd Gen 6spd Trans T/O bearing issue. My Tech admitted it to me today during casual conversation. He would not give the #, being his boss was right there next to us. However, I'm sure that someone on this site has the ability to acquire this vital piece of information.:D

Here is what my Invoice states:

CUSTOMER STATES HEARING NOISES IN TRANSMISSION WHEN CLUTCH IS RELEASED... ADVISE
FOUND SPLINE FOR OUTPUT SHAFT HAS WEAR MARKS
REPLACED TRANSMISSION...

One thing I must point out is that they replaced the bearing once for me earlier this year. When I dropped it off to my tech, he automatically informed me I would be getting a new trans. This was without the inspection. So apparently this repair has had prior aproval to replace trans. He said im like the 5th customer he knows of so far.

Ok enough rambling, point is it's out there. I cant find the TSB # on my invoice, not sure if it would be or not.

Will post more info when or if I get some.

IndigoTaco 10-27-2009 05:44 PM

Interesting. What type of noises were coming out of the trans?

roxspin72 10-27-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoTaco (Post 1066565)
Interesting. What type of noises were coming out of the trans?

I was complaining of the chirping noise the Bearing was making. Don't think that was in the trans, but that's how my tech wrote it up. Second line is what needs to be found upon inspection for trans to be replaced.

Terrier 10-27-2009 05:52 PM

:popcorn:

Toph 10-27-2009 07:10 PM

Interesting...I had a new TOB installed a little over a month ago...and low and behold the squeak is coming back.

So new transmission...right on. Not a moment too soon either...got 57k on the odometer.

roxspin72 10-27-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmer (Post 1066838)
Ok I know for a fact that last year some factory types were inspecting some tacomas for this issue prior to me having the bell housing and bearing replaced FOC under warrantee last Jan 08.

Ive been having the problem again and am about to take it in .

as of yet I havent found any tsb online that addresses this issue with the 6 sp manual tranny - RA60(F)

Ok I'm trying to figure this out as I type...

FP Number (Part #)???
33030-35A22 Transmission Unit

Is this the same Trans in the current 2005-2010?

Another ? is, I had previously installed the URD short shifter. I cant feel any difference, but would this have been removed?:confused:

I was looking at the install PDF, and wondering if they kept the spacer for the trans. Should be some major side effects if not, right???

df4iguy 10-27-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxspin72 (Post 1066935)
Ok I'm trying to figure this out as I type...

FP Number (Part #)???
33030-35A22 Transmission Unit

Is this the same Trans in the current 2005-2010?

Another ? is, I had previously installed the URD short shifter. I cant feel any difference, but would this have been removed?:confused:

I was looking at the install PDF, and wondering if they kept the spacer for the trans. Should be some major side effects if not, right???

I would remove it for sure. they can deny a claim for anything that could potentially damage that section of the vehicle in question.

roxspin72 10-27-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df4iguy (Post 1066969)
I would remove it for sure. they can deny a claim for anything that could potentially damage that section of the vehicle in question.

Huh, :confused:

I already have the new trans installed. Just asking if the mech would have removed anything from my shifter assembly in order to swap the trans...

usnatclee 10-27-2009 07:33 PM

subscribed! I have the same problem with my trans. bad thing is I am not under warranty anymore :(

df4iguy 10-27-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxspin72 (Post 1066992)
Huh, :confused:

I already have the new trans installed. Just asking if the mech would have removed anything from my shifter assembly in order to swap the trans...

I though you were asking if you should remove it before you went in to the dealer

roxspin72 10-28-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df4iguy (Post 1067324)
I though you were asking if you should remove it before you went in to the dealer

No prob. Yeah I'm gunna rip out my center console just to check if my spacer is still in or not. Other than that getting a new trans is awsome:D

tonkatoy 11-08-2009 12:54 AM

Any more news on this issue?

Any more news on this issue? I've got the squeaky bearing too... I bought this truck for Toyota dependability. Its been anything but. Lets keep on this issue. I'll be bringing my truck in this week for the second time around for the squeaky bearing. I'll let everyone else know what happens.

tonkatoy 11-08-2009 03:01 PM

bump this one to the top! There has to be more people out there with the same issue.

roxspin72 11-08-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonkatoy (Post 1102191)
bump this one to the top! There has to be more people out there with the same issue.

I recommend you insist they explain to you why is it that some dealerships are automatically replacing the Trans for this issue. Good part is you already have leverage due to the fact that you had the T/O bearing replaced once. That was my same situation, second time in and new trans:D

There must be a TSB, it's just not readily available to public. So for now it's case by case and dealership specific.

Good luck...

dbbd1 11-08-2009 04:38 PM

Good info to know, anyone with the TSB number yet?

Oppie1 11-09-2009 09:27 PM

I looked through AllDatapro and can't find any TSB for the infamous chrip, which I am also experiencing with 80k.

mak90 11-12-2009 12:47 PM

Also having this problem om my 06 with 30k. Anyone have the TSB number?

JayAre 11-12-2009 01:06 PM

I had the squeaky t/o bearing issue. They replaced it under the certified used warranty about a month ago. I bought the truck a few months ago, they probably sold it to me with the problem I just hear it then. They replaced the bearing same day and gave me a rental. I asked the tech to check the pilot shaft for wear, and he said it was fine...only time will tell if the squeak will come back, but from what I hear about the problem, it probably will. 2005, 35k miles. According to the invoice, it was a $350 job.

TACOMAJESSE 11-15-2009 05:35 PM

Getting my new transmission and T/O bearing done tomorrow at the local Toyota dealer,:D yeah!!! No more chirping can't wait, its embarrising

Terrier 11-15-2009 06:11 PM

Anyone, can you be a little more descriptive of the chirping sound your Tacoma is making? For example, is it high pitched?