1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone install an overhead temp/comp console in a 09/10 4cyl?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tunngavik, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    Tunngavik

Tunngavik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Access Cab 6 speed manual
    KC-HiLites Fog Lamps, Kicker speaker and tweeter upgrade, USB in center console, Power tailgate lock, Soundproofing, 32" lightbar
    I am interested in installing a temp/compass overhead console in my 2010 4x4 SR5 4 cylinder.

I read the infomation on this thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...lp-overhead-console-temp-compass-install.html

where there was some debate on whether all 09 wiring is the same. I already know I can't use a 05-08 console because of different wiring.

On the thread there were those with 6cylinders who, after finding a 09 console, simply swapped it in with no problems but there was one guy who had a 4cyl who said it didnt work (I tried contacting him but no response).

I checked my overhead console and there is a plug with 5 wires plus there is a temp sensor at the front of the truck with wiring.

My question is - has anyone with a 09/10 4 cyclinder installed a overhead console and if so did you get it to work?

Products Discussed in

To Top