1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NWCouple2, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Feb 26, 2008 at 9:30 AM
    NWCouple2

NWCouple2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Portland Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Shorty Sporty 4x4
    None yet, give me time.
    Which bed cover do you have? Which is best? I am thinking about a split flip, not the full length end raise. I have the short short bed. I want something that comes off easy and could be put in the bed with something else if I am out and buy something I need to haul home.

2. Feb 26, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    BakFlip and Fold-a-cover are 2 hard, multi-section folding covers. BakFlip folds up against the back window so you have full access to the bed. F-A-C folds up to one section so you lose some bed space. Although I've heard of at least 1 person replacing the rail mount/clamp nuts with wing nuts so they can be hand tightened and loosened. When loosened the cover can be slid along the factory rails up against the back window like the BakFlip. Then just use a rubber bungee to secure it and keep it from rubbing the cab. It's been a while since I saw that so maybe things have changed... I know you can remove it and stack it next to the load. I just can't remember if you have to remove nuts to do it! :laugh:

I had a BakFlip gen 1 and it was crap. The gen 2's out now address all my issues, but I replaced it with a Bestop before I knew that. I'm happier anyway as several regular passengers in my bed don't fit well under the bed rails (air compressor, and other tall items).

With my Bestop I get the capacity of fiberglass shell AND the open bed option without fighting with a heavy shell. Just fold it forward against the window, or remove by myself if needed.

3. Feb 26, 2008 at 11:05 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I have the Advantage Torza top tri-fold soft tonneau cover. I absolutely love it!! You disconnect the clamps, fold it up, and drive. Or remove the entire thing completely (frame & all). For picts:
    http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=16
    (pg 2 has pictures of the clamping device)
    I have the full 6' bed - but I'm sure they make one for the short beds too.

Products Discussed in

To Top