1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Homelink Install Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TRD Larry, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Mar 8, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Need help with the wiring. I wired the red and yellow wire from the mirror to the dark green wire in the big plug from the overhead console. I wired the black (ground) from the mirrow to the white/black wire on the big plug in the overhead console. The mirror does not work and my interror dome and console lights do not work. The compass and temp displays works OK. What did I wire wrong? I put the red and yellow together so there would be no power to the mirror unless the ignition was on. Not only does my mirror not work now I have no interior lights. I checked the fuse for the dome light and it was not bad.

2. Mar 8, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    hokihigh

hokihigh Active Member

Member:
  3. Mar 8, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Looks like I used the wrong green wire. Used the dark grren, write up says the light green is the one I should have used. Thanks for the response.
    Still don't know why the interiors lights don't work.

4. Mar 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Got the mirror working. When I tapped into the light green wire it started to work. Still no interior lights. I will pick up a fuse tomorrow and replace the one in the truck. If that is not it then it is a trip to the dealer. Have them fix it under warrenty. When I checked for power going to the lights there was none. That is why I'm hopping it is a fuse. If that is not it I am out of ideas.

5. Mar 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Just to put the end to the saga, replaced the fuse today and I have interior lights. I had to buy the low profile mini fuses, guess something new with Toyotas. Not much use for all the old high profile fuses I have.

6. Mar 9, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    The high profile fuses will fit, they just look a little bit out of place. I blew my interior fuse under the hood when I was completing the map light mod. I had a 7.5a fuse in the extra fuse holder, but since I was still "Experimenting", I used a regular mini fuse in the interim. In fact it's still in there to this day. Every place I actually found the Lo Pro mini's were too expensive for my blood.
    So I wouldn't just throw away the regular mini's just yet!

7. Mar 10, 2008 at 9:13 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    That is good to know about the fuses. The low profile mini fuses are a few dollars more than the mini fuses.

Products Discussed in

To Top