1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help with noises in my truck!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by reilly118, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Mar 12, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    reilly118

reilly118 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab SR5
    Im new here! i have an 07 DC 4x4 with 11k miles.
    * i have had, since i got it, a rattle inder the truck sound like the heatsheld when the truck is cold. i dont know if anyone else has had that problem.
    *My new problem with is being fixed is the drivers side ball joint sudenly needs to be replaced. i dont do any off roadin and i havent had it a full year yet.
    * last and not major it seem like my windsheild wiper motor has got increcingly louder since i got it, idk maybe its just me.
    Anything anyone knows will help me out.
    thanks

2. Mar 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    the rattle when it's cold might be the air intake tube where it mounts to the fender. Mine did this and theres a TSB on it, so if you take it into the dealer they should install the new improved intake tube for free. you can check it yourself if you want also- all you do is unbolt the intake tube from the fender( 2-10mm bolts), and loosen the hose clamp from the air filter housing. then do whatever you do to make it rattle, and if it stops then theres the problem.
    As for the other stuff, i dont really know. my wiper motors seem to be the same. never had a ball joint issue, and mines lifted....

3. Mar 12, 2008 at 3:44 PM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    My truck was rattling underneath and immediately discovered the heat shield vibration. A quick fix! No problem with wiper motor though.

Products Discussed in

To Top