1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dimensions of pocket on scosche single din dash kit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kohan25, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Mar 20, 2008 at 8:38 AM
    kohan25

kohan25 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA SR5 4X4 TRD Speedway Blue
    lebra tonneau cover, avs bugshield, firefighter goober lights, custom stereo/scanner install
    I am looking to upgrade stereo and also install scanner but before I mount scanner in console (or dash) I would like to find the dimensions of the pocket/storage space below the single din radio opening on either the scosche or taco tunes kit. Can anyone tell me what they are. Thanks

2. Mar 20, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    ANDYTACOMA

ANDYTACOMA NOMAD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab trd offroad 4x4 black sand pe
    fog light mod /parking light mod /after market stereo /bed lights/yeasu ft8700/uniden bct15

Hey im planing on doing the same with a bct 15. However i dont think they're is enough room in the pocket for the body of the scanner but maybe with some gutting /grinding of the kit you might get it to fit i was just going to fab one out of fiberglass

3. Mar 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    kohan25

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lebra tonneau cover, avs bugshield, firefighter goober lights, custom stereo/scanner install
    That is exactly what I was doing with mine. I dont mind trimming a little of the plastic to make it fit and it would look better there. My other option was to cut the part of the storage pocket in the center console between the cup holders (auto trans) and the dash but I am told the airbag sensor is behind there and since I will upgrade stereo anyways that would be a great place for it and I wouldnt have to cut any factory parts and can replace it with the stock cover and radio when I eventually sell it.

4. Mar 20, 2008 at 4:23 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    the scosche kit lower storage area measures 2" x 7 3/4 " and the metra kit lower storage area measures 1 1/4 " x 7 5/8 " the scosche kit is definitely a nicer / better looking kit and I just looked at taco tunes site and that definitely looks like the scosche kit on there to me

5. Mar 21, 2008 at 4:34 AM
    ANDYTACOMA

ANDYTACOMA NOMAD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab trd offroad 4x4 black sand pe
    fog light mod /parking light mod /after market stereo /bed lights/yeasu ft8700/uniden bct15
    I have the metra kit and its seems to be the "cheaper" of the two maybe scoshe is the way to go

6. Mar 21, 2008 at 6:40 AM
    Flycatcher

Flycatcher Master of the Universe

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2009 Acadia (regretfully sold the Taco)
    I have the ********* one and it's too late for me to see if it's a scoshe but it certainly looks that way. It is a great kit and the color is nearly perfect. The usable space in the pocket is 1 7/8H x 7 1/2W x 4 1/2 D. Robert is great to deal with, but he is charging $55 for the kit on ********* when the scoshe can be had for $20-$30 at other places. I had to get his speaker mounts anyway so I just ordered the whole package from him.

FYI, I also got the freebie kit from Crutchfield when I bought my stereo and it is crap.

7. Mar 22, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    the one from taco tunes is a scoshe kit, it says it on the site. i'm actually trying to figure out how to put my new scangauge in the slot. do it and post some pictures.

8. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    kohan25

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks all. The scosche kit should be perfect for my scanner. I will post pics when I get it and install that and stereo.

Products Discussed in

To Top