1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bad luck picking up my truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DSMissed, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    DSMissed

DSMissed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    Some of you probably remember my newb thread about my 06 I'm picking up in Vegas.

I was initially going to get it a week ago but Martin Luther King day screwed that up.

Its been a long week of waiting. I was supposed to fly out tomorrow night to Vegas with my fiance, but now he can't go =( So I'm on my way to Vegas alone and screwed out of $70 for his ticket. But I can live past that.

I got a call from the owner 2 nights ago, and he told me that some idiot ran into the back of the truck. It was almost a hit and run, I guess.. but he caught it in enough time that the hitter didn't get away. He sent me pictures and it isn't bad damage... but what luck!!! I guess its in the body shop as I'm typing this, and the shop owners swear it will be done Monday by 3 at the latest. I believe it because there is no damage to any painted parts, they basically just have to swap in a new taillight, and a new chrome bumper and bumper trim.

Aaaaahhh, I'm about ripping my hair out, just hoping this all goes well... I hope I'm not stupid to be taking this huge leap of faith, so to speak, and all on my own... I'm just worried. I've been talking to the owner and I'm usually a great judge of character and he seems super honest, and the truck looks well taken care of and the carfax verify's everything he has told me... I just hope I don't have to catch a plane home from Vegas empty handed is all.

Whew.

2. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    I think i would have to take a good long look at that truck before i
    bought it may be take it to shop of your own good luck :D

3. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Good luck to you. I hope your luck gets better.

4. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    automoto

automoto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4X4 AC
    Good luck, i hope it all works out for yah. It will all be worth it when ur cruisin home in your new taco :taco::taco::taco::taco:

5. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    DSMissed

DSMissed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    Maybe I'm a little too trusting sometimes, but I have high hopes that the owner is being completely honest when he tells me it is mechanically and cosmetically flawless (until thursday anyways, lol)

I'm excited for a 900 mile 'bonding experience' with it though!!

6. Jan 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    ksj

ksj Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cavalry Blue TRD Pro
    265/70-17 KO2
    There are a bunch of TW members in Vegas. You should start a thread asking them for some help checking out the truck.

7. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    thats a great idea.im sure someone would go have a look.

Products Discussed in

To Top