1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My lift check list.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FTPtaco, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    FTPtaco

FTPtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Just seeing if I have everything I need. My truck is a 06 double cab prerunner.
    1.16x8 american racing chambers.
    2.265-75-r16 pro comp xtreme a/t
    3.camburg coilovers 2.5
    4.total chaos uca
    5. pro comp rear shocks with toytec Add A leaf

open to any input thanks!!

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm not positive but you might need some wheel spacers? I'm sure someone will chime in on the situation.;)

3. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    why would he need spacers? I have the same tire size and rim size with TC UCAs and the only rub I get is on the body mount on a bumpy turn.

4. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you plan on wheeling alot- some extended brake lines might be a good idea...Other than that I think you are set.
    I don't think you'll need wheel spacers- but you might want bigger tires once you get that lift under there.

5. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Thats why I said "I'm not positive."

6. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    ah gotcha, no problem man. I was wondering if there was something that I missed lol

7. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Its all good, no worries!

8. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    longer u-bolts, and centering pin, sway bar spacer to clear coilovers unless you are removing sway bar, make sure you have bolts for the top of the coilover (my icons came with a different thread pattern than the stock bolts and did not come with new bolts).

9. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    i wouldnt have thought of the sway bar lol seeing how I dont have one.

10. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Yeah, they were supposed to come with new bolts and if they had, I wouldn't have noticed the different pattern but since I ended up trying to use the factory bolts when I did not see any in the box, I realized I needed to take a quick trip to the hardware store for some new grade 8's. They did not send me the sway bar spacer either so I just removed the sway bar temporarily but since the factory coilovers were already off, I wasn't going to put them back on because of some missing bolts.

11. Jan 25, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    DaWillDaBeast

DaWillDaBeast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 with some goodies
    Things
    X2

12. Jan 25, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    for sure. those pro comps are junk and if your gonna preload the CO your prob gonna want bigger tires. your off to a good start

13. Jan 25, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    FTPtaco

FTPtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks everyone, yea i dont know why i didnt think of getting 5100's kinda spaced haha. I kinda wanted to go with the 265 cause i travel alot for work. should i set it lower then 2.5 so it looks better?

14. Jan 26, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    I have my coilovers set to 2.5" with 265/70R17 which is considered a 32" tire. I think it looks pretty good. check my gallery

15. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    FTPtaco

FTPtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    am gonna get the extended brake lines also. Should I keep the sway bar? There shouldnt be any vibration with this set up?

16. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    FTPtaco

FTPtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    So i went with the icon coilovers should be at home thrusday same with the TC UCAs cant wait. should I buy some axle shims? I just added the longer U bolts to my list of things to still order. If you guys can think of anything else feel free to throw it out there thanks.

17. Feb 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    10tacomahawaii

10tacomahawaii Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Secret
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4x4 SR5... Magnetic Grey...
    NUTTIN'... FOR NOW... HAHA...
    So I'm just wondering, what would happen if he doesn't get extended brake lines??? Just like OP, I want to make sure I have everything before I install my Tuff Country 3"... And what about a differential drop? Do I need that too?

18. Feb 17, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    10tacomahawaii

10tacomahawaii Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Secret
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4x4 SR5... Magnetic Grey...
    NUTTIN'... FOR NOW... HAHA...
    Fuck you guys then... All you fuckin haole pussies!!!

19. Feb 17, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Not positive but I heard you really dont need the diff drop for a 3" lift. You dont need extended brake lines either unless you are going to do a good amount of wheelin. Flexing your suspension could damage them

20. Feb 17, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    GA_TACO4x4

GA_TACO4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    here 'n there
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4
    marathon superhide max-4 seat covers, weathertechs, maglite mod, 20% tint, 2" leveling kit, leaf spring tsb.
    ^^anger issues? chill out dude...

but the diff drop lowers ur front diff to reduce cv angles if im not mistaken. some say its not necessary but for $25 its cheap insurance imo...as far as brake lines idk someone else needs to say somethin. only thing i can think of is they limit flex acting as limiting straps. which would cause them to break

Products Discussed in

To Top