1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

squeeking issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jungsoo726, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Mar 29, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    jungsoo726

jungsoo726 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner/ 20" wheel upgrade/ nerf bars/ 5AT/ silver
    TRD front skid plate, VIPER two way pager alarm, and HID lights
    so recently i decided to go trail riding in my local area. my truck got covered in mud from underbody, to roof, to parts of the engine and suspension. over all it was a fun day. indeed i did, a few times, hit the ground hard a few times but it was the front skid plate. i have not washed my truck since and i have been driving around caked in mud for 2 days now. today while driving i noticed a really annoying high pitched squeeking sound coming fromt he driver side front wheel. can mud rubbing on something cause this sound? is there anything wrong with mud and medal mixture? if so please help me. would washign my truck make it stop. it's annoying me. my turck is 1 month old. i doubt japanese engineering would make it squeek at less than 10k miles already. if so i need a new truck. help me. advice?

2. Mar 29, 2008 at 9:28 PM
    calbadose

calbadose Active Member

Member:
    Carbondale, CO
    Vehicle:
    01 Double Cab TRD Supercharged!
    2.5" lift, grill guard, topper, cat-back exhaust, TRD supercharger, 10" woofer, MTX amp, Pioneer head unit, yakima rack, bedrug, k&n air filter
    I had problems like this with my old Subaru. It is entirely possible you have a small rock stuck somewhere between the wheel and brake. Washing it should help and if it doesn't I suggest removing the wheel and giving it a good powerwash and removing any mud from the brake area...my .02.

-Cal

3. Mar 30, 2008 at 8:53 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I'm with calbadose, wash it, then see if it goes away, see if there is an under carriage wash in the area, get your drive line clean too.

Products Discussed in

To Top