1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need u joint help!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jaherrington, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    Jaherrington

Jaherrington [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 3" Lift 20" rockstars
    BHLM, All Black Emblems MagnaFlow Exhaust, 8000k Xenon Lights, 3" Lift (3" in front, 1.5" in rear), Black Rear Bumper, JVC Head Unit. Focal K2 Speakers in all Doors, 15" Sub, Black 20" XD Rockstars, 285/55R20 Nitto Dune Grappler Tires, Blacked Out Radiator.
    what is the best u-joint to use, in a 2005 prerunner access cab? 3" lift. i want a really heavy duty ujoint. im really abusive out in the sand, and mud. i have a trip to take today and they are squeeking like crazy.

2. Mar 5, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Doesn't really matter, they're all pretty solid. The factory OEM ones are great. Just gotta keep them lubricated. Squeaking is your Toyotas way of telling you it needs lubrication. Let it squeak for too long and you'll have damaged them and need to replace.

Good news is that they're not very difficult to replace, easy DIY job with only a few tools required.

3. Mar 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    Jaherrington

Jaherrington [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 3" Lift 20" rockstars
    BHLM, All Black Emblems MagnaFlow Exhaust, 8000k Xenon Lights, 3" Lift (3" in front, 1.5" in rear), Black Rear Bumper, JVC Head Unit. Focal K2 Speakers in all Doors, 15" Sub, Black 20" XD Rockstars, 285/55R20 Nitto Dune Grappler Tires, Blacked Out Radiator.
    thanks much. so it might just be that they need to be greased? if so thats an easy fix because i just replaced all three ujoints about 6 months ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top