1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

slight front end damage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dirtbikeless, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 3, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    dirtbikeless

dirtbikeless [OP] US Navy Corpsman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Camp Lejuene
    Vehicle:
    4 banger
    I got alittle damage to my driver side bumper a couple weeks ago, and I am getting 1200 dollars from my insurance to get it fixed. I dont want to take it to a body shop cause they are saying it would be about 1700 to get it fixed, and I dont want to pay the extra 500 out of pocket. I need a drivers side fender, and a bumper, does anyone know of any good sites to get this stuff from? I was thinking of a more aggresive bumper if I could afford it with my 1200 from insurance?

2. Apr 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    try certifit.com

3. Apr 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    If the insurance company won't give you enough to repair the truck, you have to demand they cover it...

The body shop will normally work this out with the insurance company over the phone

You should just have to pay your deductible

but your deductible is probably $500.00

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    all pro you can get front prerrunnner style fenders for 399 a pair and a front winch bumper for 899. so like 100 bucks out of pocket but it would be better than stock parts

5. Apr 4, 2010 at 3:13 AM
    dirtbikeless

dirtbikeless [OP] US Navy Corpsman

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Camp Lejuene
    Vehicle:
    4 banger

ya my deductable is 500 FML....

6. Apr 4, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Good work...

7. Apr 4, 2010 at 5:11 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah man...There are lots of options for more aggressive bumpers. And check out local junkyards too. A rear end totaled Tacoma might have the parts you are looking for....

Products Discussed in

To Top