1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

clicking under dash and hood

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tobo, May 23, 2010.

1. May 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    Tobo

Tobo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    only have 31,000 miles on Tacoma. Parked it yesteday and all was well. Got in it last night and I got half a turn over and it went blank. ABS light is on and brake warning light is on. With key in pocket I have the clicking mentioned in title. I have no lights, no radio and avery week dome light. Battery is showing full charge. I have disconnected battery because only way I could get clicking to stop. Attempted to jump it off with no luck. I have never experienced anything like this so any help is much appreciated.

2. May 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Just because the green light is glowing does not mean you have a good battery. You could have a bad cell. Although my car did start, when jumped. It had the clicking and clacking under the hood, when it was off. Good luck.

3. May 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    If you're experiencing this with the factory battery, get a new one! After all, you do have an 05. Those stock batteries last about 36 months. Anyone with one that lasted longer is very lucky. If it's a replacement battery, you would need to have it load tested to know whether it's good or bad.

4. May 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    Tobo

Tobo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Thanks to both you guys. You confirmed what I was thinking about in the early morning hours. Battery was deader than a hammer. Put new on in and all is well. Battery dealer says new batteries seldom give you warning they are getting weak. I find it strange it showed positive. But then my first car was a 1953 chevy bought in 1963. Kind of dating myself. Thanks again. I appreciate you both.

Products Discussed in

To Top