1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 year Complimentary Service

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaFanNC, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    TacomaFanNC

TacomaFanNC [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Can anyone give me an estimate of what the approximate value for this incentive? I'm trying to decide on whether I should purchase now or wait until the 2011 comes out or buy used.

The only incentive on the 2010 that's offered in my area is the maintenance plan. I understand it covers oil changes... what else does it cover?

2. May 24, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Figure the cost of about 5 oil changes, it's not that much of a value really. There is very little that needs to be done to these trucks in the first few years. Just change the oil and check things out. I figured it probably comes to about $250. It didn't have any bearing on my decision to buy the truck.

3. May 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Honestly I'd try to see if the dealer would just give you cash value and take it off the top of the truck. I do all my own maintenance anyway.... I'd rather use synthetic and know it's done proper than some greese monkey doing the job that the dealer is getting bottom line pricing from Toyota anyway.

4. May 24, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    DubVeeTaco

DubVeeTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road, 4x4, V-6, M/T
    Bed Mat, WV Hitch Cover, 265/75 R16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's, XM, Rear leaf TSB, front 5100's at 1.75..
    Oil changes and tire rotation for 2 years or 25,000 miles. I'm with Kyouto42 - I prefer to do my own work, but if Toyota's going to do it for free, (and you trust the dealer's service dept.) then it's worth about $250 - $300.

I just bought my '10, and if you're thinking of waiting for the '11, I say get the '10 and have fun now -- it's what I decided to do. Sure, you get the prepaid maintenance plan as a perk right now, but I don't forsee any significant changes for '11 (as in, putting the new 4runner motor in the Taco). Plus, don't forget that you're looking at probably a 3% price increase for next year's model -- they go up every year.

Products Discussed in

To Top