1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA SPEC PA15-TOY in 08 with Changer and JBL

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Felix, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jun 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    Felix

Felix [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Double-Cab Sport
    Does anyone know for sure if the USA SPEC PA15-TOY will work in a 2008 Tacoma with the JBL with CD Changer?

I have read some info on this, but its usually about a different year truck.

Thanks,
    John

2. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    Htnswches

Htnswches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    Lost Angels
    Vehicle:
    2006 Precummer Tacoma
    310,000 and counting
    Can't confirm this model but I'm using the iSimple kit on my 06(JBL),worked fine until I did the iOS4 update on my iPhone and now it doesn't work. Can someone confirm his first question and if it works after the iOS4 update? Thanks!

3. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I have 6 disc changer - not JBL. I have the PA15-Toy.

I honestly don't think it matters because the stock head units have an external CD port. The PA15-toy (and most of the other direct connect adapters) plug right into the external CD port.

Htnswches - I don't know directly about your situation, but...I used to run an ipod2car unit. I upgraded to a newer ipod and although it still worked, it was glitchy and the scroll wheel didn't work for shit. It had something to do with the compatibility of the older ipod2car unit and the firmware in the ipod itself. So, I ended up upgrading to the PA15-Toy.

4. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    misterquad

misterquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shawnee, KS

I wish we would stop answering serious questions with "SEARCH".

1. It sounds rude. I don't think we need to sound that way on TW.
    2. The search feature doesn't work worth well for most of us.
    3. It is hard to get a reliable answer without asking several sources.
    4. Personally, I like reading serious questions and helping someone out even if they are repeated topics.

(Cool - you were editting while I was posting)

5. Jun 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    John, I had a 06 with the jbl system which is the same as yours and it worked fine :) if you need help installing hit me up I can give you tips or even help you do it.

6. Jun 22, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Ditto on the telling people to search. If you need help just ask, I have the PA 15 installed in my 06 with JBL, it is great, I have my Starmate (Sirius) and my ipod hooked up to it. Let me know if you need anything.
    Jack

7. Jun 22, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    Felix

Felix [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for the replies.

Yes, I did some research on here first..I just wanted someone that has the same year and set up as mine to confirm that it works. I went ahead and ordered one.

btw, my friend gave me a Scosche AXIPTA. It looks basically the same as the USA Spec. It will display songs like it's working, but there is no sound when in ipod mode. It may be conflicting with the SAT.

-J

8. Jun 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete

I've been considering doing this as well. How did you connect the sirius to the pa-15? I know it has rca jacks on the side, but I saw the port with XM on it, does it connect there? and do you need a special cable?

9. Jun 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    NelsonTacoma

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I have an aftermarket Sirius radio. Sportster 5. Right now it's plugged into the radio with an FM modulator and sounds like crap. 06's didn't come with sat radio factory.

10. Jun 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    FuzzyTaco

FuzzyTaco Certified Smartass

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD OR
    Yes, Yes it does. I have the same model the OP has and have had iOS4 for quite some time (beta tester) and it's always worked. Just used it on my way to work today, in fact.

11. Jun 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    NelsonTacoma

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I'm sure there are instructions.:rolleyes: But the quote I used on my original question was from someone who actually hooked it up the way I would like to do it. So I was hoping they would reply and say I needed a special cable or something like that. Not trying to be rude to you or anything (I appreciate the help).:D

12. Jun 23, 2010 at 4:43 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    The harness that comes with the USA Spec hooks into the back of the radio. You will need a cable from Radio Shack with a stereo plug (same size as a headphone plug, that converts to two RCA plugs. It is about 7.00, 6 ft long. Plug the cable for the Starmate into into the two RCA plugs. The unit also comes with a IPOD direct wire. I ran mine across into the glove box as I can control it with my steering wheel controls and do not need to access it, it turns on and of with the unit. There are lots of photos on mounting locations for the Starmate, I used the pocket underneath the two 12V plugs and there is still some room in there for a few items. You will have some extra length on the radio shack cable but it allows you to use the IPOD direct if you choose. The XM plug is not used for our setup. Note that all 4 dip switches should all be in the on position. The unit comes with #1 turned off, I had to take it apart a second time and turn that one on. The unit fits nicely on the left side in a gap next to the stereo.

13. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    Felix

Felix [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    It works! Thanks for the input.

14. Aug 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    ScudRunner

ScudRunner Three Tacomas Deep

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Twin Cities, MN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    IMRYO mirror mount, color keyed front and rear, SCS wheels, 5100 on corners, ALCAN leaf packs, ECGS bushing
    I had a PA-15TOY in my 2002 and it worked great. I pulled it out before I sold it, intending to put it in my '07.

I just pulled the head unit on my '07. It's a single-disc unit with no "aux" button. I was surprised that there was no empty plug to put the PA-15 into. All plugs in the back of the unit had something in them... and none of them would receive the PA-15 plug.

Do you have to have the 6-Disc head unit in order to use the PA-15? USASpec's website is sort of vague about this...

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top