1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear bumper mount bike rack DIY

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by tim3939wil, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Apr 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    tim3939wil

tim3939wil [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tim
    omaha,ne
    Vehicle:
    09 Red SR5
    A.R.E. cap w/vented windoors-ride rite's-5100's/OME884- satoshi grill- debadged- always on camera-blacked out/chrome free mods
    I made this from scrap 1 1/4" pipe & 4-45* weld bends + ordered tie down parts from allen bike rack co. under $50.00 parts & paint this was welded together in a few hours. I can have rack & 2 bikes on truck in under 5mins. and still pull my camping trailer. PM me with any ?'s about parts or measurements. I plan on keeping truck for several years & when I sell it I'll put carriage bolts in holes where mounts were

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Aug 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    Corleykj

Corleykj Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Casper, WY
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 4x4 trd
    Bilstein 5100's on 1 1/4" (middle), Rear AAL's
    I took parts of a yakima lock jaw (the old raptor?) for $20 and some scrap 2" square tubing (thin walled) and welded my own single swing daddy. I just leave it on all the time because I don't have a trailer to pull like you. Just set the bike on, clamp it in, and go. It is hard to use my roof racks and be quick/timely, so the rear/hitch rack is pretty quick.

Nice work on yours.

I would post a pic, but I don't have my truck with me at work, and I don't have any on my phone for some reason.

3. Aug 25, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    tim3939wil

tim3939wil [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tim
    omaha,ne
    Vehicle:
    09 Red SR5
    A.R.E. cap w/vented windoors-ride rite's-5100's/OME884- satoshi grill- debadged- always on camera-blacked out/chrome free mods
    thanks, just reworked top strap/support to tailgate, had 1/4 " hole drilled thru support & top of tailgate & droped pin in. really made it stout but hole whallered out . today I added 3" to strap & bent it 90 * over back side of gate with 1/8 "pin should be good to go

Products Discussed in

To Top