1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRUCK SCAM, ANY HELP OR ADVICE!!!????

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Heschke, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Apr 26, 2011 at 2:52 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Funny, I read the ebay posting and had no problem finding the accident history (2 of them) with your truck. You should apologize to the seller for accusing him where the ad had full disclosure. Plus, add in the accidents happened prior to his owning the truck and you should consider he didn't know it was all that bad off if that really is the case. I understand you wanting to vent, but there's a right way and a wrong way to do so. You took the low road on this.

On the bright side, even if you get it worked on, you still came out about 3-4K ahead on the deal. I would go get a couple other estimates, not that the 4K you got seems unreasonable. Body work can be expensive.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:23 AM
    396tears

396tears Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well Op

it looks to me like you own a repaired Taco

i looked at all the links and the ebay info
    and
    i saw the history reports too

this is probably a life lesson for you

good luck with the truck

:)

3. Apr 26, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Stop posting pics of your truck. I'm running out of clean underwear. :drool:

4. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Two sides of this.
    Obviously the buyer is wrong for buying it and not seeing it, and not seeing the accidents it was in.
    But fuck, lets not be stupid here. The guy obviously was out to fuck someone over by saying "nothing wrong with it" when it clearly is a piece of shit (if it needs $4000+ work)
    Im sick of seeing people turning their heads at these things and saying "oh well you should have _________" Fuck that, this guy sold a shitty truck and lied, and is a piece of grease. People like him have to be delt with, and if you own a truck that needs work, then get the fucking work done and eat the cost. Dont pass it along to someone else.
    GOOD LUCK OP

5. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    Need pictures of the undocumented damage. Lets see what we are dealing with here before bashing someone. From the pictures on the EBAY site there is not $4300 worth of damage as I can see nothing wrong with it....unless of curse he posted pics of the before.

6. Apr 26, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    If in fact the truck is beat to shit and then based on the "nothing wrong" stratement - then >
    ++++++1 Well Said

7. Apr 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    this

8. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    skybob

skybob Well-Known Member

Member:
    You should post some pics of the 4k in damage, and what else was not told? I have sold a lot of vehicles out of state/country and the problem is, everyone describes things differently.

9. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    Heschke

Heschke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner

thank you! the fact is the guy didnt even show me the ebay listing i found it on my own and new it had been in accidents but from the pictures they looked to be perfectly repaired. I specifically asked the buyer to disclose all exterior imperfections no matter how small and all the buyer sent me was close up pics of stupid rock chips. this thing looks good in the pics but in person it looks like a 5 year old did the body repairs. Paint is pealing from a half ass paint job, grill is glued back together cracked and scratched, nothing on front end fits aligns or matches right, grill on fits halfway in, hood is dented, rear quarter panel is dented from a shitty ass repair. the bottom of this thing is cover in rust, i was told their was no rust, and when i asked about what looked to be a little bit of rust in a picture i was told it was extremely minimal surface rust. the interior is questionable, rims are corroded to shit. i could go on listing things wrong that were never brought to my attention. also i had the truck inspected at auto shop near his city and they did a visual and mechanical inspection. all that was reported to me by the auto shop was a small scratch on driver side door. I dont know about you but people who work on cars for a living should be able to recognize $4,300 in damages before they recognize a stupid little scratch. i might post pics later today if i can.

seller rated the exterior a 9 out of 10. last time i checked $4,300 in repairs is not a 9 out of 10.

10. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    wow that sucks man sorry to hear that. It seems to me he put the truck back together just enough to look decent in a picture and was hoping someone who wasnt local would buy it and and get screwed.

11. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    if you had to "find" the ebay listing, where did you actually buy it from/through?

12. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    x2, that could be your undoing. If this was an undocumented cash deal I'd say you're pretty well screwed... I hope you saved all your e-mails and messages back and forth!

13. Apr 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    x2 That is more than a bit odd.

Seriously though the guy had 7 posts.

Also how did you pay? Please tell me you didn't send a Money Order of some sort to a PO Box.

14. Apr 26, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.

Yes...This....Did he buy it from here? If so....thats a whole different story. Although the seller has 7 posts and probably wont be back again.

15. Apr 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Oh shit, you didnt even SEE the ebay listing before you bought it? Thats even worse. That sucks. I would love to hear you get something out of it, but in the end, make sure its fixed 100% the right way so someday someone doesnt get this problem.
    Good luck for sure

16. Apr 26, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    I think your only option is to file in small claims court. Good luck. Sucks to see this kind of thing happen. I would never buy a vehicle sight unseen.

17. Apr 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    Heschke

Heschke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner
    I paid through paypal so it is documented however their is nothing paypal can do for me because they dont deal with car transactions. I also have a signed bill of sale from the seller, and the receipt from the autoshop stating there was no major damage.

No i did not get a good deal by any means, yes that is a low price if the truck was half decent condition, but its not and im probably going to lose at least 2 grand when this is said and done with.

He said he bought it from a member on here. I dont know how long ago though or if that was even true.

After i saw it for sale on here we just worked out the details personally. Not through ebay or anything.

No im not blaming anyone all i wanted from him was to reimburse me for only the major damages that were not disclosed during the sale. Which seems more than fair to me??

I would never try to sell this truck online due to the condition it is in. It would be way to hard to try to picture and represent everything how it is in person cause from pictures you cant tell shit. It is the kind of truck you have to see in person. Its easy to sell a truck online when it looks new cause the pictures dont lie.

I dont have the money to get this thing fixed either so it will have to sell as is and someone will hopefully get a good deal at my expense.

18. Apr 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Yeah it's his fault, fuck him for getting screwed.
    :rolleyes:

Could he have avoided this, probably? However, the fact of the matter is that this guy ripped him off, and lied.

19. Apr 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    OP...Can you take some ( upclose) pictures of your damage for us. It will shed more light on this.....

20. Apr 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    x2

Products Discussed in

To Top