1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LR UCA Questions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sac130e, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    sac130e

sac130e [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Milton, FL.
    Vehicle:
    11' TRD Off-Road 2wd
    JVC Nav. System and entire Memphis Audio Speakers/Amps
    Recieved the new UCA's today and looking at the install instructions and had some questions. I installed the square waher to set the joint at 0 for a 2.0 caster (i think, see pic). Does this look corrdct in the picture? Should I be worried about getting the setting perfect or llet the laignment people handle this. Instructions state the SPC stamp should face out as in the picture..correct? Also, they say you should load it up before torqing it down, how do you do this while still on jacks?

Sorry for the questions, but want to be sure this is put together correctly before I drive it anywhere.

Thx

DSCF0648.jpg

2. Apr 26, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    Not sure about the square washer, but put the UCA on and slide bolt through, put washer and nut on but do not tighten till you have everything back together and lower off jack. Then reach in and tighten the bolt. Not hard to reach it.

3. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    silver taco

silver taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
    From that picture, it looks good to me. Hand tighten the uca bolt when on the stands, then torque it down when the tires are on the ground.

4. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    sac130e

sac130e [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Milton, FL.
    Vehicle:
    11' TRD Off-Road 2wd
    JVC Nav. System and entire Memphis Audio Speakers/Amps
    Instructions state to install long bolt, but not tighten. Then install spindle and nut, torque and install cotter pin.
    Then they say to load up suspension and torque long bolt to specs.
    Then it goes on about recording settings and adjust top spindle nut to adjust for correct settings. I think I can leave that set at the 0 setting (2.0 caster) and let the tech align the rest.

I just want to make sure I installed the spindle joint correctly (SPC words out) before I drive it around. So guessing from the pic, this should be installed correctly.

Thx

5. Apr 26, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The orientation you have it in , with the SPC logo facing out is the correct position .

Products Discussed in

To Top